Embracing my status as a 'Sheffield Local'

RubyRedJeans

So I have just graduated from Uni and decided to stay on in Sheffield...however I am finding it a bit hard to move on from my uni roots and embrace life in the city as a local now, as a lot of my friends are still at uni!

Can anyone recommend places that are good to go too to meet people...I am getting bored of hanging around on the student scene but it just seems like the city is a bit dead on any other night then a Saturday :confused:

Is anyone else in the same situation??

If you are a gentleman I suggest putting on your best doublet & hose and parading around the best hostelries looking for ladies of ill virtue. If you are a lady I suggest hanging round the best hostelries looking for gentlemen in doublet & hose.

Does that help?

I still hang round the same places as I have less money now than when I was a student :hihi:. I think some of the smaller nights in pubs and bars are the best way to meet new people though.

Most of my uni mates are still in sheffield (but working now) so I'm lucky I spose. People at work are loads older than me and don't go out. I've never really found work to be a place where I meet people!

You obviously are unaware of the Sheffield custom which would give you immediate city status and open the door to a new exciting choice of friends.

If you are a young lady you should contact someone preferably of advancing years with the code letters BAZ at the beginning of his name.The Sheffield Forum is your best route here.Then wearing your nicest outfit - a mini skirt would suffice -call at the house of BAZ.A glass of bubbly and warm bath awaits to begin the initiation.The next stage is a closely guarded secret but comes highly recommended.

If you are a fellah -sod it..

Try visiting Howden House in the city centre. If you've never been it's on Union Street and is used by the council as a "front" for thier "housing activities" under the alias of "Sheffield Homes". Tell them that you need somewhere to live and, after a few months of listening to them reneging on their responsibilities you'll feel like you've lived here all your life.

Archived