Squirrels.. Love them or hate them

Squirrels ...Love 'em or loathe 'em?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Squirrels ...Love 'em or loathe 'em?

• Love 'em
    • Loathe 'em
    • I don't have an opinion. Live and let live I say.

Don't feel so safe on your little island. The grey squirrel is not native to the UK so how do you think it got to these green and pleasant lands?

By someone bringing them from America! :suspect::hihi:

but...

It is illegal to bring a grey squirrel into red squirrel territory. The penalty is 2 years imprisonment or £5,000 fine. It is also illegal to release a grey anywhere, once it is caught. (Taken from the Wight Squirrel Project)

Due to the vigilance of the public and the hard work of the Wight Squirrel Project in protecting the red squirrel there are no live grey squirrels on the Island.

• 1 year later...

.......................loathe them! God help you if they get into your loft!! They do thousands of £'s worth of damage. I know of someone who traps them, and he tells me they don't like water..........................

.......................loathe them! God help you if they get into your loft!! They do thousands of £'s worth of damage. I know of someone who traps them, and he tells me they don't like water..........................

Are you sure you aren't confusing them with students?

I tolerate squirrels - we had a persistent one who kept getting into the loft, we kept cutting branches of a nearby tree but it never made much difference and then we had the tree cut down, when we had the builders in to insulate the loft they found a two foot long nest, it was bringing it's pregnant ladyfriend in - I could hear it scratching about before I got out of bed - I'm just so relieved it went.

I hate the 'orrible little things, i do bonsai and these tree rats dig in to the dishes and sometimes tip them out on to the table, they've killed three of my trees to date...

If i had my way, i would shoot them on sight but it would only cause arguments with her indoors:(

I know of two people that have had them get into their roofspaces and cause considerable damage to the timbers, one friend had to pay out £3,000 to have it repaired the damage was so extensive..

We would have still had native red squirels if it wasn't for the appearance of these little horrors :mad:

:rant::rant::rant:

Archived