Carfield school - Mr Vasey

Mad Pierre

Has anyone any memories of Mr Vasey at Carfield School? He taught my Dad and me and was well respected by all. I remember his wooden leg and the smell of tobacco and standing at the front saying my times tables. What a great teacher he was, he made me enjoy my time at Carfield.

Has anyone any memories of Mr Vasey at Carfield School? He taught my Dad and me and was well respected by all. I remember his wooden leg and the smell of tobacco and standing at the front saying my times tables. What a great teacher he was, he made me enjoy my time at Carfield.

Mr Royston Vasey?

I seem to think he passed away sometime during the Dutch Elm disease outbreak.

:hihi:

Sorry :D

Mr.Vasey taught both myself and my husband at Carfield in the 1950/60's. He taught us maths but, my memory says that he taught other subjects as well which many teachers did then.

We both think he retired from Carfield though we can't recall what year. Did he live towards Hollythorpe somewhere?

Duffems.

Mr.Vasey taught both myself and my husband at Carfield in the 1950/60's. He taught us maths but, my memory says that he taught other subjects as well which many teachers did then.

We both think he retired from Carfield though we can't recall what year. Did he live towards Hollythorpe somewhere?

Duffems.

I think he retired about 1974 and I understand he lived near Abbey Lane

I was taught by Mr. Vasey for, I think, my last two years at Carfield.Whilst I would agree he was a good teacher, I would have to disagree with Mad Pierre, in that he did not make my time there enjoyable.I think I read, probably on SF, that he died a good few years ago.

Hi Royalscam,

I didn't enjoy my time at Carfield untill the 3rd year of juniors when I went from the ' C ' class, into a class of mixed ability with Mr Vasey as form teacher, we all have our own memories of school life and he made mine good, however, when I went into the 4th Year I had a teacher who was far too handy with his size 9 plimsole and his nasty temper and once again I hated school, I didn't enjoy Newfield much either

Regards

Mad Pierre

Archived