Parking Tickets from Wheel Clampers UK. Advice Please!!

sheriton

I Recently parked in a Business park near Shoreham Street, It was a macth day but a tuesday night. When i returned to my car i had a Parking ticket. It wasn't a Sheffield Council one it was from a private company Wheel Clampers Uk.

They are wanting £80 in seven days.

I dont know where i stand on this as i didn't notice the no parking sign when parked, when i got the ticket i looked and found the sign it wasn't blocked or out of sight just not well lit.

I wouldn't think a private company can just fine you? I couldn't fine someone for parking on my drive??

Has anyone come across these tickets and can anyone offer advice on how not to pay the fine??

Look forward to reading the replys

All you can do is check that the company is licensed and if they are you don't have a leg to stand on. Unfortunatly you parked somewhere you shouldn't have and you're now paying the price.

What complete and utter tosh which is both legally and factually incorrect.

You do not need a licence to issue private parking tickets (which are not fines but are invoices based on an alleged breach of contract) although you do need a SIA licence to immobilise or clamp a vehicle.

I would suggest that you visit http://www.pepipoo.com for information about private parking companies.

Archived