Parking Tickets from Wheel Clampers UK. Advice Please!!

sheriton

What you have is an invoice asking for money in relation to an alleged breach of contract (assuming there were prominent signs in the car park). The invoice has no weight in law. The private parking company (PPC) can take you to the small claims court to try and enforce the parking ticket, however the vast majority of PPCs choose not to becasue a) it costs them money and b) they will run a mile if confronted with a proper defence. I must warn you, however, that there have been a few isolated cases brought by PPCs to the court which have succeded. I suggest you look at either the Consumer Action Group Forums or Pepipoo Forums for more advice. The general consensus on these forums is a) don't contact the PPC and b) ignore all letters from them or their debt collectors. They will make all kinds of threats and bluster, however, in most cases they will go away eventually. It certainly worked for me. I got a ticket in January at a fast food place for overstaying the free parking period by a matter of minutes. They threatened court action within 28 days if I didn't pay. I got all sorts of threatograms over the year. I ignored every one of them. It's late November now and they still haven't taken me to court as they threatened they would. Hmmmmm.

What you have is an invoice asking for money in relation to an alleged breach of contract (assuming there were prominent signs in the car park). The invoice has no weight in law. The private parking company (PPC) can take you to the small claims court to try and enforce the parking ticket, however the vast majority of PPCs choose not to becasue a) it costs them money and b) they will run a mile if confronted with a proper defence. I must warn you, however, that there have been a few isolated cases brought by PPCs to the court which have succeded. I suggest you look at either the Consumer Action Group Forums or Pepipoo Forums for more advice. The general consensus on these forums is a) don't contact the PPC and b) ignore all letters from them or their debt collectors. They will make all kinds of threats and bluster, however, in most cases they will go away eventually. It certainly worked for me. I got a ticket in January at a fast food place for overstaying the free parking period by a matter of minutes. They threatened court action within 28 days if I didn't pay. I got all sorts of threatograms over the year. I ignored every one of them. It's late November now and they still haven't taken me to court as they threatened they would. Hmmmmm.

Thank you for the advice i will do as you did i think!

Hopefully you wont hear from them again and hopefully i wont in time.

I Recently parked in a Business park near Shoreham Street, It was a macth day but a tuesday night. When i returned to my car i had a Parking ticket. It wasn't a Sheffield Council one it was from a private company Wheel Clampers Uk.

They are wanting £80 in seven days.

I dont know where i stand on this as i didn't notice the no parking sign when parked, when i got the ticket i looked and found the sign it wasn't blocked or out of sight just not well lit.

I wouldn't think a private company can just fine you? I couldn't fine someone for parking on my drive??

Has anyone come across these tickets and can anyone offer advice on how not to pay the fine??

Look forward to reading the replys

just rip it up and throw it in the bin.......mate of mine had bother with exhell...he sorted it out....

I Recently parked in a Business park near Shoreham Street, It was a macth day but a tuesday night. When i returned to my car i had a Parking ticket. It wasn't a Sheffield Council one it was from a private company Wheel Clampers Uk.

They are wanting £80 in seven days.

I dont know where i stand on this as i didn't notice the no parking sign when parked, when i got the ticket i looked and found the sign it wasn't blocked or out of sight just not well lit.

I wouldn't think a private company can just fine you? I couldn't fine someone for parking on my drive??

Has anyone come across these tickets and can anyone offer advice on how not to pay the fine??

Look forward to reading the replys

If there wasn't obvious signage, they have no case.

If there was, say you can't remember who was driving & can you have the photo that identifies the driver?

Since this is a civil case there is no requirement for you to name the driver. Unless they have photographic/video evidence that identifies you, they won't be able to proceed.

If there wasn't obvious signage, they have no case.

If there was, say you can't remember who was driving & can you have the photo that identifies the driver?

Since this is a civil case there is no requirement for you to name the driver. Unless they have photographic/video evidence that identifies you, they won't be able to proceed.

Thank you for the advice.

:)

Explain again why we should help people who do whatever the damn hell they want without caring if the car park in question actually is open to the public or not.

these private clamping companys are no better than highway robbers .what they do is legal theft.

Archived