Parking Tickets from Wheel Clampers UK. Advice Please!!

sheriton

Council workers can opt for CT to be deducted from their wages.

Or....

Fall behind with payments, which results in court action, which results in an attachment to earnings order (not that I'm suggesting this is what Max did, nor would I reccomend it as an ideal course of action):hihi::thumbsup:

I love it when footie fans park where ever they want in our area,private car parks peoples drives and on the public pavement then **** and moan about it when they get some aggro.

We get footy fans parking in the flats car park... sometimes full with residents so it's great when footy/pub (Hillsborough Club) goers park there too.

Since we've had a company enforcing parking tickets it doesn't seem quite as bad as it used to be :thumbsup::)

• 2 weeks later...
What complete and utter tosh which is both legally and factually incorrect.

You do not need a licence to issue private parking tickets (which are not fines but are invoices based on an alleged breach of contract) although you do need a SIA licence to immobilise or clamp a vehicle.

I would suggest that you visit http://www.pepipoo.com for information about private parking companies.

So what I said is complete and utter tosh and then you put the same thing... You need to be licensed now to clamp vehicles.

• 7 months later...
I'm thinking of providing a service to remove private claps. Apparently it can be done to private clampers. I'm just checking the legality of it. Has anybody got any advice

Not sure about the legality of removing a private companies clamp, but I'm guessing it would only be legal if no damage was done to either the clamp or the lock, so I'd imagine picking the lock.

A good idea. There have however, been cases of prosecution for criminal damage when people have removed clamps with angle grinders etc. Why the Police prosecute I don't know, remember clamping is classed as demanding money with menaces in Scotland.

You would have to ensure that no damage was done or that any locks etc., were replaced with an equivalent.

I love it when footie fans park where ever they want in our area,private car parks peoples drives and on the public pavement then **** and moan about it when they get some aggro.

i would usually sympathise with people getting clamped. but not when footie fans park in peoples drive ,etc . a lilac bmw keeps parking in my drive also.

Archived