Boer war and ww1 would my great grandfather have served in both?

roughy101

Depends on his age at the end of the Boer War. There were plenty of men who fought in both. Regarding his regiment, there were some amalgamations in the years between the two wars so he could easily have moved between regiments or indeed moved into anew one.

my grt grandfather thomas howson served in the boer war between 1898 to 1904,would he have had to serve in the first ww1,and would he have been in the same regiment :thumbsup:

Spent many an Sunday afternoon with my girlfriends next door ,He had been in both ww1 & boer wars he would recite endless "poems"that came fm Boer & slit trenchs,we would get quite drunk on his so called non alcoholic wine he must have had a thousand bottles fm before & after the wars

My wifes Great uncle served with the 1st battalion of the Royal Welch Fusiers during the Boer War and served in the WW1 he was killed in action in 1915 and his name is on the memorial to the missing at LaTouret.
was he in the same regiment for both wars:thumbsup:

thanks for that carol,i am subscribed to ancestry,and tried searching without any luck will there be anymore info on that site:thumbsup:

Archived