Jacket Potato Place, Abbeydale Rd!

charliechalk

Just wanted to commend the nice (greek?) man at the potato place next to the oddbins wine warehouse on abbeydale road!

Been a few times, but feel its worth a mention, for £2.45 (ish), you get a large tray, with 3 ish fair sized potatoes in it, broken up in the middle and butter mashed in (all in front of you fresh), then toppings of your choice, then wrapped and they are GORGEOUS!! Love it

Such a nice little place, and a fresh change to the endless chains of larger businesses that seem to force these places to close.

Its open late too, we called past at 9pm tonight, but i usually go for lunch.

Bravo anyway

yeah agreed, it is a bit dingy, but ive never had a nicer jacket i tells ya.

but if you actuaally look at the surfaces and stuff, they are clean... just because its not all a brand new £20k stainless kitchen doesnt mean its not clean... its exactly what i meant about it being a true local take away.

i love it

I live just along the road from the potato shop and the spuds are lovely and great value and Pedro is very sweet. The Asian youths who hang about outside have always done so, and there's rarely any trouble. Just because they might appear 'sinister' (to some people), it doesn't mean that they are.

Archived