Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

Lickszz

Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?  

1,087 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

• Blake Street
    • Kent Road
    • Myrtle Road
    • Hagg Hill
    • Jenkin Road

Left sheffeld in 46, what is name of hill we called Jacobs Ladder,leaving Penistone rd up Burton st? very steep hill curves to the right.Very hard to stop coming down in winter,when mother said go play with the trams she meant it.

Its probably not the steepest but fairbarn road in stannington is very steep, it runs from liberty hill down to roscoe bank. its definatly first gear in the car and a nightmare to walk up!!. Its not very long but it is steep.

mike

• 2 months later...
I must confess. This is what inspired me to this post. Maxt mentioned the Blake hotel at the top of Blake Street. I was told by my old trainer that this was in actual fact the steepest hill but have never had it verified. My former trainer made me sprint up this hill many times so I can vouch for how steep it is.

Blake Street has textured paving I recall (as do steep streets in the Legal Quarter such as Silver Street), whereas Bates Street (Crookesmoor going on Walkley), where the Princess Royal is your goal, has railings to help you up the hill!

Blake Street has textured paving I recall (as do steep streets in the Legal Quarter such as Silver Street), whereas Bates Street (Crookesmoor going on Walkley), where the Princess Royal is your goal, has railings to help you up the hill!

Wellfield Road. parallel to Springvale Road, has railings to help you get up as well - but Blake Street is steeper - and steeper than Bates Street IMHO.

I think Blake Street has or had railings on the left hand side going up.

but for a long soul/leg sucking stretch...... the entirety of City Road from Pond Forge (which is technically I suppose Duke Street) to Manor Top....

used to cycle up that on a flatland bmx smoking a fag, I kid you not

as for steep the road that connects albert road to shirebrook road is very steep and the one in town cobbled hill next to paaradise sq is evil to cycle up without gears