Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

Lickszz

Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?  

1,087 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

• Blake Street
    • Kent Road
    • Myrtle Road
    • Hagg Hill
    • Jenkin Road

When I was a kid, I used to own a skateboard (like all the other lads in the area.), so searching for the steepest hill in sheffield was a regular occurance...

On my searching, I found that the steepest and most dangerous on a skateboard was a road called Bishopscourt Road... in meersbrook... Going down that road is deadly, you are seriously putting your life at risk...

But when i was young, I was silly and up for anything (including dying for a cause!!, a bit like a little rebel!!), so naturally as a rebel I was asked "So what are you rebelling against???", my reply to that was, the obvious rebel reply, "What have you got????". The locals showed me the hill, and i said "Is that it???", so i got my board and made my way to the top, and came down the fastest ive ever been (and ive been down Kent hill in meersbrook aswell) and crashed into a wall at the bottom and nearly died!!!

But the rebel lives on!!!

• 7 months later...

One-legged Chinaman and Blake Street !!!

My Father used to tell a story about Blake Street, as follows :

"Back in the days when Blake Street was cobbled, a one-legged Chinaman rode a bamboo-bicycle up Blake Street for a bet"

such a surreal image, I wonder if anyone else has ever heard of such an urban myth, or if, indeed, there was some kind of truth behind the story that just got "expanded opon" over the years

Theres a road out at Ewden Village heading towards Bolsterstone that is very steep, also the road between lower and upper Bradfield. Behind Broomhead Reservior heading along the strines theres a hill with a sign at the top that says 25%. Hagg Hill very steep as well. Although as far as i know there isnt a road in Sheffield that i cant get up on my Trek road bike.

Forgive me if it has been mentioned before but surely Lodge Lane is a contender if not the steepest?

It starts right at the bottom of the Rivelin Vally (near the Post Office) and climbs to the top of Lodge Moor.

Whatever it's definetly steeper than Hagg Hill which is lower down.

I think if i remember right, i could be wrong but there is a sign at the top on Jenkin Road that says 1 in 7, which is about 15% in new money.

Ive ridden up both Lodge lane & Hagg Hill on my Road bike and i would have to go for Hagg Hill as been the harder of the two as well as slightly steeper.