Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

Lickszz

Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?  

1,087 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

• Blake Street
    • Kent Road
    • Myrtle Road
    • Hagg Hill
    • Jenkin Road

Gonna pull the trusty bike out and go and find it and see if I can get upto 50mph! But looking outside, its bloody snowed again!

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'll look into it. I think there must be some lesser known steeper ones.

I see you are from the Hope Valley and that has a Sheffield Post Code. I wonder if that would qualify as Sheffield because of the post code?

It most definitely does not!!!! :D

But if you want the steepest road in Derbyshire, then Winnats is a good marker. Also a couple of the back roads in Tideswell and Bradwell are particularly severe.

Prospect Pl

in Bradway.

Having worked all over Sheffield, driving, I beleive this to be the steepest road. With the nature of internet threads however, unless someone posts images of ordinance survey maps with gradients apparent -NO ONE WILL EVER FIND OUT FOR CERTAIN!

Prospect Pl

in Bradway.

Having worked all over Sheffield, driving, I beleive this to be the steepest road. With the nature of internet threads however, unless someone posts images of ordinance survey maps with gradients apparent -NO ONE WILL EVER FIND OUT FOR CERTAIN!

Supersonic has been doing a good job a few posts back like you describe and earlier on in the thread I was calculating the climb from the contour lines on the OS maps and I did post the section of the map concerned to my web site so everyone could see for themselves. :)