Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

Lickszz

Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?  

1,087 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

• Blake Street
    • Kent Road
    • Myrtle Road
    • Hagg Hill
    • Jenkin Road

Not technically a road but there is a path up the side of Riverlin cemetary from Riverlin Valley Road straight up the hill to the bottom of the Bolehills, it is VERY steep, it's a good workout climbing up it.

Used to walk home up that hill at the end of a 5 mile run through Crookes and Crosspool down to Rivelin. It nearly killed me!

Does anyone know why Hill St is called Hill St, when it's flat? :confused:

Perhaps someone was being sarcastic when it must be about the only flat road in Sheffield?

I know, lets have a thread on the flattest road. :D

(Sorry, just seen that someone has already suggested it)

While it's not in the same league as Jenkin Rd and the others mentioned, there is a road at Ecclesfield (I think it may be Sycamore Rd, just off High St - I don't know the area well - the junction where Crampton & Moore's is?), and that seemed very steep last year when I was trying to turn round! Although maybe it may have been my brakes struggling that made it seem worse...

Of the roads I fairly regularly pass or drive on, Prospect Place is one that I avoid, it just looks so steep so quickly, even though it's not very long...

Another that is not really steep at all, but is a pain to drive up if you have to stop at the traffic lights, is Granville Rd - especially if the clutch has seen better days :)

The collection of roads around Hunters Bar and over S10/S11 are very steep though - about 15 years ago I was delivering hundreds of leaflets up and around that area, and it was soul destroying to realise you had to walk up Hunter House Road, Rossington Road and the rest!

Can you have a look at Palm Street, just as a matter of interest? My husb is debating the difference between a hill and a residential street and if this matters in the contest. Do you think it matters whether a streeet, hill or road etc?

Ps Division Street on bones of arse as no competition for Primark

I tried to drive my van up Hagg Hill last week, by the time I reached the top I was in first gear, but it wouldn't go any further. I had to reverse back down at rush hour.

So I apologise to all those people I inconvenienced and a big flip-off to all those who swore at me or gave me "evils".

ive got to say jenkin cause i have to walk up and down it everyday to drop son off at school been doing this walk for 7 years now and its never got any easier lol,its best in winter when you end up on yer bum three or four times before you get to the bottom:hihi: