Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

Lickszz

Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?  

1,087 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

• Blake Street
    • Kent Road
    • Myrtle Road
    • Hagg Hill
    • Jenkin Road

The thread is the steepest road in Sheffield not Derbyshire

Well I was going to mention that... but I wasn't the first to bring it up. It was really a reply to whoever claimed it was 10%, which is clearly bobbins.

Anyway, Kent Road, southernmost bit. I reckon 1 in 4, maybe 4.5, which trumps anything else *in Sheffield* from what we've seen so far. Any thoughts?

• 3 months later...
My reply to you seems to have been deleted. How rude!

Well, the gist of what I was saying was that, I was making a "song and dance" about the figures you were using as proof because they were of no use whatsoever. Quoting to 2 decimal places on a percentage gradient should have set alarm bells ringing. I should make allowances though I suppose...

So, to keep you all happy, and on topic of course. I've contacted a colleague with a friend on the OS. Said friend has promised to provide accurate gradient figures (both peak and average) for the following stretches of road:

Hagg Hill, Kent Rd and Blake St. :cool:

Watch this space. :cool:

5 months on and still watching :)

There are some crackers which spring to mind, Tipton Street (Brightside), Jaw Bone Hill, (Oughtibridge/Grenoside) and Oakland Road (Hillsborough/Malin). All are proper killers to walk up. Remember going up Jaw Bone in the 1970s in an Hillman Imp which conked out near the top.

• 1 month later...
There are some crackers which spring to mind, Tipton Street (Brightside), Jaw Bone Hill, (Oughtibridge/Grenoside) and Oakland Road (Hillsborough/Malin). All are proper killers to walk up. Remember going up Jaw Bone in the 1970s in an Hillman Imp which conked out near the top.

Can't wait to see the cyclists [Tour de France ] go up Jaw Bone.:gag: