Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

Lickszz

Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?  

1,087 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

• Blake Street
    • Kent Road
    • Myrtle Road
    • Hagg Hill
    • Jenkin Road

The steepest road in Sheffield is without question Bishops court road Meersbrook,a road most people will never have heard of let alone walked up.

I would say that this is definitely one of the steepest without a doubt, especially the first 150 Yards.

we have on in chesterfield the road to matlock I have to drop to 2nd gear to get up and I have a 2 litre engine

I know that road. I'd get your engine looked at

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Just had the inclinometer on penistone road, for a distance of 10mm there is a incline of 90 degrees down. It levels out for about 150mm then another 10mm rise at 90 degrees, in fact there's quite a few.

I admit i haven't read all the posts on this thread so sorry if already posted but if correct this sorts a few out.

http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/kirk6479/mycustompage0039.htm

The fairhurst near morehall res. was one of the steepest i ever cycled up. Certainly could't do it now would need oxygen and a defibrillator just to walk up it. I couldn't pedal all the way up woodfall road at Bradfield but i don't think it was as steep just longer.

Really you should consider at an average over a significant part of the road, the way you start going dizzy, getting cramps and need a long rest to recover rather than out of breath for a short while.

When I was at the peak of my fitness I challenged Jenkin Road and thought that someone had welded my crank to the bike frame. On this years Tour de France for that very reason.

When we were kids in 50s/60s we used to "tack" the steep streets on our bikes, of course much less traffic then.

• 5 months later...