Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

Lickszz

Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?  

1,087 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

• Blake Street
    • Kent Road
    • Myrtle Road
    • Hagg Hill
    • Jenkin Road

• 2 weeks later...
I've done Jenkin too - didn't find it difficult, I did wonder what all the fuss was about when I got to the top. Its only properly steep for one small section to be honest.
Depends on your fitness, gearing and bike you are riding. Also try and ride it in less than 3 minutes and see if you still think it's easy.

Depends on your fitness, gearing and bike you are riding. Also try and ride it in less than 3 minutes and see if you still think it's easy.

i didn't say easy. I just meant i didn't get why such a fuss was made of it when there are other local hills that are way more severe.

i didn't say easy.
You certainly implied it.

I just meant i didn't get why such a fuss was made of it when there are other local hills that are way more severe.
Though the roads you listed at Oughtibridge with claimed gradients of over 40% do not seem anywhere near as steep as Jenkin Rd's 33% section. I've walked up Ffordd Penllech in Harlech, which I believe is the steepest road in the UK and there is no way anything in Oughtibridge even comes close.

Here you can compare the similarly challenging Jenkin Rd and Pea Royd Lane on Strava. Though Strava's not granular enough to show say the steepest part of Jenkin Rd.

Edited by jezzyjj

Though the roads you listed at Oughtibridge with claimed gradients of over 40% do not seem anywhere near as steep as Jenkin Rd's 33% section.

Here you can compare the similarly challenging Jenkin Rd and Pea Royd Lane on Strava. Though Strava's not granular enough to show say the steepest part of Jenkin Rd.

i didn't make any claims about hills in oughtibridge, think you've got mixed up there! If there's a 40% hill there i haven't found it yet!

sure jenkin hits 33%, but only for a few yards.

Dang quoted wrong person for part of that. I was just altering post and you replied before I could repost.

Ah I forgot I took this pic:

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/supersonic525/42_zps8600f746.jpg

Was from Jawbone at the TdF. The road in the distance is I believe the one I mentioned that is 42%. It certainly looks steep!

Someone may be fibbing to you about that. Steepest road in Britain isn't that steep. I've been up both. No comparison. Edited by jezzyjj