Is Sheffield Safe to go out?

Misterf

I for one think that Sheffield centre is a relatively safe place to go out in. I have only seen a couple of fights in bars over the years and don't know anybody who has been mugged. Compared to othercities/places I dont think we do to badly

People tell me that Sheffield is a lot safer place than Manchester, Leeds etc. Having said that, I hardly go to town on Friday and Saturday evenings because it seems to be so many unpleasant kinds around shouting & screaming so savagely as if they are some kind of riot in a very poor country. However at certain occasions, I do make my way to town because of the theatres and the Music in the Round etc. Then I just make my way straight back home or to Ecclesall Road should I wish to take some supper & post theatre drinks.

So, I am now wondering that Manchester & Leeds town centres must be like a kind of war zone in the evening. How dreadfully awful it must be.

People tell me that Sheffield is a lot safer place than Manchester, Leeds etc. Having said that, I hardly go to town on Friday and Saturday evenings because it seems to be so many unpleasant kinds around shouting & screaming so savagely as if they are some kind of riot in a very poor country. However at certain occasions, I do make my way to town because of the theatres and the Music in the Round etc. Then I just make my way straight back home or to Ecclesall Road should I wish to take some supper & post theatre drinks.

So, I am now wondering that Manchester & Leeds town centres must be like a kind of war zone in the evening. How dreadfully awful it must be.

Manchester and Leeds city centres aren't like war zones at night, otherwise you wouldn't get people of all ages in its bars and restaurants at nights. How many fights do you see in Browns, Prohibition, The Living Room or Restaurant Bar and Grill? None.

Blummin heck .. if you think Sheffield is rough then you should come to Matklock .. EVERY week there is an incident involving beaten up, glassed ..

I'm not going to let any begger stop me from going out ... i just keep my eyes and ears open and if the sounds start reaching argument pitch, i go elsewhere,

haha yeh the Pav saw it's fair share of fights.

I've only ever seen a few scuffles in Sheffield - all on West Street which I avoid on a weekend. I used to go out there in the week as a student but at the weekend it becomes this horrible horrible place! Most fights and scuffles I've seen has been started by women!

I know there has been a few fatalities around Division Street this year (outside Yates and in that nightclub on Carver Street) but I find if you stick to the late bars on there it's generally fine. The only time I've ever been scared was on a Derby day when I went to the old pub near Ponds Forge and the landlady announced they were locking the doors due to a massive brawl at the Penny Black. :?

Archived