Woods markets...

lubylou

Hello Lubylou, I would expect that the majority of staff who worked at Woods Markets in the 1980's, yes it must be that long ago, are not into trawling the internet and social networking sites.

However I worked at Stannington the forgotten branch for a couple of years, before Jackie and Barry made a swift exit to the Isle of man.

At the end of my period of employment with them i worked my last week at Abbey lane, I guess as a punishment or to stop me robbing the safe in stannington.

I was for a while in contact with wobbly Bob who drove the van and Les who was manager at Abbey lane for a while, but those people have faded into the past.

It was Ok the carrier bags were world famous especially after the take your bag on holiday competition

Hello Lubylou, I would expect that the majority of staff who worked at Woods Markets in the 1980's, yes it must be that long ago, are not into trawling the internet and social networking sites.

However I worked at Stannington the forgotten branch for a couple of years, before Jackie and Barry made a swift exit to the Isle of man.

At the end of my period of employment with them i worked my last week at Abbey lane, I guess as a punishment or to stop me robbing the safe in stannington.

I was for a while in contact with wobbly Bob who drove the van and Les who was manager at Abbey lane for a while, but those people have faded into the past.

It was Ok the carrier bags were world famous especially after the take your bag on holiday competition

I dont know why you would think that? :huh:. Anyway, i remember wobbly bob, not les though.

I lived near bocking lane I rememer Barry but he let a Roger Turner run the store I belive, Roger is still living in the local area.

Barry was ok as a boss, but his wife Jackie was a total Bi**h, i hated her with a passion, she was a horrible woman. As for Roger, well, he was a bit weird imo and he used to smell too. Does anyone remember Doreen who got on famously, shall we say with Barry? :D

I know Roger and his wife lol They are deffinetly still in the area I saw them today while I was cat feeding lol

I don't remember Doreen but I do remember when they got fine fare as well as the one thats now the Spar shop.

Archived