Getting a duvet cleaned?

We use to wash ours in the jacuzzi bath (with the bubbles on).

It did a really good job and didn't take too long.

Took ages to dry tho... several days hanging over the bath on a clothes horse.

'milking' them helps - as does strong sunlight on a scorching hot day :thumbsup:

there's a launderette opposite the rising sun which was advertising at a reasonable price (sorry, can't remember specifically)

You can wash them yourself at this laundrette on Fulwood Road and their other branch on Ecclesall Road. About £5.10 for the biggest machine they've got and then a couple of quid for the drier. I did several of mine earlier this week - much, much cheaper than getting someone to do it for you. And they have slightly smaller machines which will take a single duvet for about £1 less.

• 2 years later...

Anyone know of a place in Sheffield that does same day service for Duvet cleaning?

Ours is getting a bit smelly and we only have 1 (its an all seasons one) so would like somewhere that could do same day service...

Thanks.

Oh and dont say Johnsons. They lost our other good duvet (that I had for about 8 years and moved three countries with and three states with) so not going back to them again.

Dont know if they do a same day service for quilts but theres a laundrette near me on Page Hall Road Sheffield where you can go and get your quilts washed and Im pretty sure they do a cleaning service. Give them a ring and enquire 2438619

Archived