Curry Canteen Martin Dawes Feature.

shaggy123

Featured in todays STAR.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/food/Credit-crunch-lunch--.4728747.jp

Curry by the kilo prices. ( Party size)

Lamb curry £15.50 Kilo

Chicken curry £13.50 Kilo

Any veg curry (spinach and peas /Spinach and potatoe/Lentils/cauli and potatoe ) £6.50 Kilo

Rice £6.50 Kilo

Nan £0.75 each

Samosa box 50 £15.00 (£0.30 each)

Samosa box 20 £7.00 (£0.35 each)

Onion bajee box 50 £15.00 (£0.30 each)

Onion bajee box 20 £7.00 (£0.35 each)

CURRY CANTEEN

0114 279 5348

Dorking st ..off carlisle st ...next to Church on the rock.

Cheers Shaggy. How many people would this roughlly feed and can you order less if needed?

Good review by the way, I'll be back soon.

Hi,thankyou Verona, if you use the size of portions at our place as a yard stick, we get approx 10 portions per kilo of product,depending on how much gravy you serve.

Although the minimum order is 1 kilo ,you can always order individual portions to takeout over the counter.

It is all suitable for home freezing in any case.

It's really got me thinking of a visit.I hope they have ordered in plenty of supplies as I bet they will be busy.Lets hope they retain the customers and bulild a good business.

Thankyou Weeowen,

You were right about being concerned regarding supplies...we did run out of food today because of the tremendous demand today...due to the publicity in the star no doubt.

we did expect to be busy but it took us by surprise,so i would like to take this opportunity to apologise to all those customers/potential customers who we let down today...tomorrow we have learnt our lesson and will be better prepared.

We called in late afternoon and was quite impressed.The canteen is basic but very clean and presentable.They were low on food but what we had was very nice.The lamb curry led the field for me though.I even bought a box of samosas for later.

I would like to say that all the staff that we met were really friendly and obliging as well.

Unfortunatly we have had to start charging a £1.00 returnable deposit on each pail of 'curry by the Kilo' we sell.

This is both to encourage recycling of the pails and to maintain our competative wholesale pricing structure as found at beginning of thread.

Curry Canteen ,

Dorking st,

off Carlisle st S4.

Archived