Mr Slins home made ice cream

shinyhappy68

We used to call it Slinns farm, although it was no longer a working farm by then (around 1950), It was a large yard with a small fridge by the back door. You could still knock on the door and buy ice cream or a lolly. I believe some of the fields belonging to the farm are now the roads on the top side of Cross Lane.

The house is still there, but the yard has been built-over.

We used to call it Slinns farm, although it was no longer a working farm by then (around 1950), It was a large yard with a small fridge by the back door. You could still knock on the door and buy ice cream or a lolly. I believe some of the fields belonging to the farm are now the roads on the top side of Cross Lane.

The house is still there, but the yard has been built-over.

Yep, thats exactly how I remember it in the early 70's, that fridge would be condemned by health and safety now, he he. I never tasted ice cream like it to this day.........:(

You must know my mom then skippy, she is 61 and grew up on Sailsbury Rd. She has twin brother. x

Can't remember anyone from Salsbury Rd these days, we moved when I was 12, she is 5 years younger than me.

• 1 year later...
We used to call it Slinns farm, although it was no longer a working farm by then (around 1950), QUOTE]

Evidently Slinns farm was opposite the bottom of Mulehouse Rd, or lane as it was years ago, and covered the area up to Cross Lane ?

scan0022.jpg

Archived