Any memories of Crookesmoor School?

hi

anyone out there rember crookes moor school I attended 1956

to 1962 with a couple of breaks in between where I attended arbourthorne central then bankwood then back to crookesmoor

as my dad was a pub landlord we moved to various pubs

Originally posted by holberry

hi

anyone out there rember crookes moor school I attended 1956

to 1962 with a couple of breaks in between where I attended arbourthorne central then bankwood then back to crookesmoor

as my dad was a pub landlord we moved to various pubs

Crookesmoor or Crookes-moor School is till there allbeit some kind of training place now. As you will know it was spit in two with an old cobbled road that used to run between Crookesmoor Road and Oxford Street.

I wonder which pubs your dad used to run in Crookesmoor?

Hi

I attended Crookesmoor from 1960 - 64.

We lived at the off license just below the school (diagonally opposite to the Ashberry Pub)

I have discussed the school before on another thread - in partcular, one of the teachers - Mr 'Pop' Edwards

hi,

yeah my dad was the very first landlord of the boomerang

before that we had the don inn penistone road / opposite rutland road junction but I was born in the first pub the weston park hotel corner of summer st / weston st my elder brother david went to crookesmoor at the same time as tennis player

roger taylor

• 10 months later...