Any memories of Crookesmoor School?

Hi there,

I ws just wondeing you wrote a comment that on forcett street a Glyn taylor lived on this street......just wondering if he had two brother rodney and geoff.....just finding out of it the right glyn....:D

oh sorry im his daughter kinding trying to do something nice for him....

Hello there.

Yes, you have the right Glyn Taylor. I remember him as he was the same age as me and went to the same schools and his younger brother Rodney, was the same age as my younger brother.

They lived on Fawcett Street (the hollow) in the last house on the right before Mushroom Lane. I remember going with him to throw stink bombs into the bookies a few doors below their house. Thinking about the men running out holding their noses still makes me smile. My name is Dave Garton and my younger brother is Alan.

I will throw some names into the pot. Stephen Midwood. Phil Holberry. Stephen Food. Paul Gross. Charlie Billard. Brian Deighton. Stephen Kent. John Unwin. All of these should bring back some fond memories to your father and his brother. Let me know if i can help you in any way. Good luck with your treat.

Hi Kiri

I will add a few names to Spada's list but for your Dad's brother Rodney. I was the same age as Spada's younger brother, Alan, and your Uncle Rodney. We were all in the same class at Crookesmoor and used to hang around together.

Names I can remember:- John Taylor. Andrew Winkley, Tim Metcalfe, Raymond Pridmore, Ian Unwin (John Unwins younger brother) . Later we went to Myers Grove and thats when the vicars twon daughters started joining the group - Brenda and Lucy Bryan - I think your Uncle went out with one of them.

oops - sorry I am Mark Melluish - lived in the corner shop just below Crookesmoor School

I hope this helps - tell your Uncle I have some old class photos from Crookesmoor with him and all our mates

I went to crookesmoor, Mr Cole was the headmaster thenMr mulherney or something, he had a funny eye, Mr alright, he was brilliant!, Horrid old dinner woman mrs bramall, Does anyone remember Ryan palmer? he got killed on the dual carriage way and they planted a tree in the school gardens for him, Mr perkins aswell, or picky nose perkins, It was always a cold school with concrete steps, Both me and my sister went there

• 1 month later...

Hi my dad Harry Brookes is trying to find a5y school friends from Crookesmoor boys school he attended from 1948 to 1956/6 if there is anyone out there that can remember him (he has an older sister Carol and a younger brother Mick) his mother had the fruit and veg shop on Addy Street Crookesmoor. please get in touch.

he can remember Tony Jeffcock, Alan Culf and Patricia Skinner (his first girlfriend)

Many thanks

Jill

:hihi:

I went to crookesmoor, Mr Cole was the headmaster thenMr mulherney or something, he had a funny eye, Mr alright, he was brilliant!, Horrid old dinner woman mrs bramall, Does anyone remember Ryan palmer? he got killed on the dual carriage way and they planted a tree in the school gardens for him, Mr perkins aswell, or picky nose perkins, It was always a cold school with concrete steps, Both me and my sister went there

:hihi:YES I REMRMBER MR PERKINS he always walked to school. he also used to use a while slipper on you if you had been bad . and every time he had to use it he put a black mark on the side:huh: and when he could not get any more on it he would start on a new one:hihi: oo the good old days