Any memories of Crookesmoor School?

No he doesn't have a brother but I am his youngest sister and my sister Jean is living in Australia, Ray is now 73 years old.

I wonder if your brother is on the photograph that I have, of the class my father was in. (My father was from the age group born Sept 1938- August 1939 and went to Crookesmoor School)

I wonder if your brother is on the photograph that I have, of the class my father was in. (My father was from the age group born Sept 1938- August 1939 and went to Crookesmoor School)

sounds as though he could be!

• 1 month later...
Hi desy.

Thanks for the info. My name is Garton and we used to live in Vestry Street. I think you may be a couple of years older than me, born 51. I think i may be able to help you with " Neville Wright " What do you want to know?

Hiya Dave, just been reading the Crookesmoor School entries and I think you were in my class. Charlie Billard lived a couple of doors away from me on Mushroom Lane and Brian Deighton lived on Summer Street. I'm still best friends with Marie Thompson and noticed on another post I think you said you knew Mary Bird - funnily enough, she's my ex-husband's girlfriend!

• 2 months later...

Came across this site almost by accident so I thought I'd add this anecdote. My grandfather was awarded the school's First Prize for English in 1878. The prize which I still have was "The Story of Audubon, the Naturalist" and is inscribed 'Sheffield School Board Crookesmoor School, First Prize presented to Frank Turner, Sept. 1878'. So the school's been around a long time!

This thread brought back some happy memories for. Loved my days a Crookesmoor school. I was born in 74 and attended the lower school and then netherthorpe when it closed. After that i went to crookesmoor middle school. It must have ben the early 80's i attended. Are any of the old teachers on here as id love to hear from then. The ones i remember were Mr Cole, Mr Alwright, Mrs Ryan and Mrs Charlesworth. I heard that Mr Perkins sadly pased away last year.

Hi Duffems, I have searched this site and found my mother(born 1914) being admitted to the primary school in 1919 but am looking for her brother born 1906 and he is not recorded. What I want to find out is the school he attended before moving to Wentworth street which should be recorded on the admission register.

Hi Duffems, I've just found this.

I've looked at the 'index' too. Not found any of my people. The family lived at 184,Wentworth Street in 1947 just wondered if it was anywhere near your people.

I can't seem to find anyone that knew the Booths or anybody that lived on Wentworth Street.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread brought back some happy memories for. Loved my days a Crookesmoor school. I was born in 74 and attended the lower school and then netherthorpe when it closed. After that i went to crookesmoor middle school. It must have ben the early 80's i attended. Are any of the old teachers on here as id love to hear from then. The ones i remember were Mr Cole, Mr Alwright, Mrs Ryan and Mrs Charlesworth. I heard that Mr Perkins sadly pased away last year.

I can also remember these teachers along with mr richardson, miss roberts, mrs chuchill,mrs hornsey, mrs leckey. mr richardson used to run penny pop at lunchtime!!

I can also remember these teachers along with mr richardson, miss roberts, mrs chuchill,mrs hornsey, mrs leckey. mr richardson used to run penny pop at lunchtime!!

Penny pop!! I'd forgot all about that. What year did you leave crookesmoor?