Tesco/Green Flag Breakdown Cover-Any Good?

A colleague informed me greenflag are the biggest and the best, don't really know I'm with churchill just cause it was £40 odd .

We are with Churchill for insurance but didn't know they did breakdown cover as well. I will have a look on there website:thumbsup:

We are with Churchill for insurance but didn't know they did breakdown cover as well. I will have a look on there website:thumbsup:

Yeah they're not bad in my dealings with them thus far - 2k cheaper than the nearest competitor, can't really argue. Did they send you the ridiculously large and bright tax disc holder?

We are currently with AA and just had renewal letter asking for £144:o I have looked on Tesco site and I can get same cover for £55, they use Green Flag, and I was just wondering if anyone else uses this and if so how reliable are they?

You started another identical thread at this time last year - I take it that you heeded my warning about Green flag and the Twigg Brothers then !? The AA are more expensive but less risky than Green Flag - take my word for it !

You started another identical thread at this time last year - I take it that you heeded my warning about Green flag and the Twigg Brothers then !? The AA are more expensive but less risky than Green Flag - take my word for it !

Did I :huh: Don't remember doing that, well last year we phoned AA to tell them we were leaving and they matched competitors price so we stayed put, will no doubt try again this year:thumbsup:

We are currently with AA and just had renewal letter asking for £144:o I have looked on Tesco site and I can get same cover for £55, they use Green Flag, and I was just wondering if anyone else uses this and if so how reliable are they?

I bank with Smile. I have their Smilemore account. It pays a bit of interest as well as giving free travel insurance (for the full family) and free Green Flag cover. There is a basic charge for the account which is around £80/year if I remember rightly, but the higher interest cancels that out and everything else is free.

• 1 year later...
Price ain't everything! Can't go wrong with Green Flag.

We were with Green flag for many years and had no problems I think they franchise the business to local garages as we never actually saw a Green flag vehicle.

We now usually take cover via the insurance although are now getting AA cover through our bank account although there is a upgrade charge for Home Start.

• 1 month later...

In 1996 I had AA cover. I was riding a motorcycle and the chain broke. I called the AA and my troubles really started. "We can fix a chain" they said. "No you can't."said I.

2 hours later the patrol arrived, the guy looked at the chain and said: "I can't fix that. I'll have to order a recovery"

4 hours later a recovery vehicle arived. - Not an AA vehicle. The diver loaded the bike and took me home. He said to me: "Your lucky I picked you up. - I just happened to go into my garage, saw th callout from AA and thought 'I might as well'. Otherwise you could've been here all night."

He told me that the AA have their own recovery vehicles and only use outside contractors when they have to. Green Flag do not have their own vehicles and always use outside contractors. If a garage gets a call from Green flag, they respond as quickly as they can - after all, Green Flag provide most of their business. If the same garage gets a call from the AA they respond as quickly as they feel like. If they feel like responding. - After all, the AA use them as a last resort.

My breakdown company is ADAC. it costs me about 70 Euros a year for full cover for me and for my wife on any vehicle anywhere in the world. The cover includes roadside repair, recovery to destination (or home if required) with hotel accommodation for the driver and all passengers if an overnight stop is necessary.

It's valid in the UK, too.

Archived