Vegan Birthday Meal

vegan chick

Also, with the Blue Moon, you can book it for the evening - but you need 50 people or it's expensive! I was in there on Saturday, and I think it said about £9 a head for 50.

It seemed to be saying that it costs £450 to hire, and that they don't really want small parties to book, if that makes sense

I like the Blue Moon, but sometimes the service is scrappy. They don't seem to have an idea what to do if you don't want any (or all) of the salads, which are fairly dull and unimaginative. Some staff will give you a bigger portion of rice or main course if you don't want salad, whereas others will leave you with a solitary small "dollop" of food and an empty expanse of plate.

Some of the lads that work there are so sloooooooooowwwwwww too!

(Originally Posted by aurora

Kumquat Mae on Abbeydale Road is good - only vegetarian/vegan food and huge portions!)

i thought that place shut down recently?

Oh :( i wanted to go back

Come to think of it, it didn't look very open last time i went past...

• 2 months later...

Kumquat Mae closed last year I believe, and the lovely couple who used to own the Tim Po have sold it this year and the new owners dont have a vegan menu, although they do say that they can adapt food, dont know if Id trust it as well as previously. Bohemian still seems a good option as is the Blue Moon.

The Bohemian on Chesterfield Rd.They do vegetarian and fish and always have vegan options.Lovely food and atmosphere and you can take your own wine. For chinese, went to Tim po on London rd with some vegan friends and there was plenty of choice and they were happy to adapt some dishes to make them vegan, ditto at Noodle Inn.

Highly recomended, I'm a carnivore but still find their vegetarian and Vegan foodv absolutely excellent. BTW it's a BYO establishment

Archived