What is the best pub in Sheffield?

whitescar

The Dove and Rainbow is definately worth a visit they usually have decent ale on and REAL Cider Not this Apple Tango Stuff like Magners/Bulmers, comedy decor and comedy chrachters!

disagree, think the dove and rainbow is terrible. usually a very poor selection compared to the wetherspoons next door (last time there was only 1 guest on), horrible atmosphere and a grotty pub. beer was very poor last time i visited.

disagree, think the dove and rainbow is terrible. usually a very poor selection compared to the wetherspoons next door (last time there was only 1 guest on), horrible atmosphere and a grotty pub. beer was very poor last time i visited.

Well wasn't when I went last Several ales on, plus good cider on tap and a good selection of other drinks and drinks offers, they do nice food and good pub snacks, plus it's not a boring chain pub and has a bit of character which seems to have been lost somewhere in last few years in bars and restaurants in the last few years!

Grotty? No Well used! The Bankers Draft is grotty even since the smoking ban it still stinks!

Agree with Sheaf View,Fat Cat,Kelham Island also Riverside,Crown London Rd,Rising Sun Nether Green (even tho the tap room's gone),Barrack Tavern,Hillsbro' Hotel,Porter Brook.

All good pubs if you are into real ale (as I am) but quite a few of them lack atmosphere and as such give me somewhere like Fagans, Cobden View, Washington, Dog and Partridge and Bath Hotel any day.

All good pubs if you are into real ale (as I am) but quite a few of them lack atmosphere and as such give me somewhere like Fagans, Cobden View, Washington, Dog and Partridge and Bath Hotel any day.

I think they've all got atmosphere but I agree with your last 2 :thumbsup:

The common room has gotta be one of the best pubs in sheffield, they've got nice beer, loads of pool tables, table tennis, table football, widescreen TVs, comfortable seating...need I say more??

People are talking about proper pubs here.....

Archived