The Underground... Charles Street

Ando

• 8 months later...
Does anyone remember the Underground? Opposite the Wap on Charles Street. A sterling place for punks, psychobillies, loppers and the whole gammet of musical tastes.

The best feature was time being called downstairs, taking your drinks up one level to the wine bar for an hour (and obliged to buy a chilli) and then being chased once again at 12.00 into the nightclub upstairs, (without having to leave the warm and cosy(!!!) environment).

Latterly known as Charlie Parkers.

What happened to excellent pubs like this !!!!

and before that it was faces. fabulous nite spot had some fab nites in there and in the wine bar upstairs.used to be a guy worked the doors called roy, great guy

I remember Faces, went there with the mods from the year above me when I was still at school, I remember there was a great mod band on called the Ya-Ya's, brilliant

only problem was I had to be up at 4am the next day, cos I worked on a milk round

used to go in a lot after it had changed to Charles street Underground too, I was there there legally then

• 1 year later...