DJ's Needed for House/Breaks/Techno events

MusicisKing

Mark Knight IS superb. I am hoping to book him late next year.

I will be able to start revealing a bot more about what event this posting is for in a couple of weeks time!

I'll be going to that if you get him, his Toolroom Knights mix CD is the best mix CD i've heard in years

Some of the producers I named have produced electro tunes but it's no longer the case where some producers can be pigeonholed simply as "an electro producer" or a producer of any genre for that matter. The variety of tunes Deadmau5 has produced is quite impressive, and as someone thats not a big electro fan that means some of his tunes don't appeal to me (his new one Ghosts & Stuff for example isn't my cup of tea), Pryda is also tough to pigeon-hole (what would you describe Rakfunk as?, but then again Muranyi is definietly prog!).

That wikipedia piece seems to contradict itself. Basically it's saying prog was coined as a term in the early 90's, then goes on to say it's a mixture of electro house (may god have mercy on my soul) and trance. Well, electro house (I said it again, hope I don't burn in hell) didn't turn up until a few years ago, and trance at that time was more of what would now be termed 'psy' trance.

All in all, it seems 'prog' is now a way of making trance and electro house acceptable as both genres are now seen as 'cheesy'. Artists liked Deadmau5 et all can all claim to be a bit more cool and unerground as they are producing prog tracks and not electro house or trance.

Prog to me is Leftfield - Not Forgotten, lots of early stuff put out on the Soma label and some early Underworld as well.

That wikipedia piece seems to contradict itself. Basically it's saying prog was coined as a term in the early 90's, then goes on to say it's a mixture of electro house (may god have mercy on my soul) and trance. Well, electro house (I said it again, hope I don't burn in hell) didn't turn up until a few years ago, and trance at that time was more of what would now be termed 'psy' trance.

All in all, it seems 'prog' is now a way of making trance and electro house acceptable as both genres are now seen as 'cheesy'. Artists liked Deadmau5 et all can all claim to be a bit more cool and unerground as they are producing prog tracks and not electro house or trance.

Prog to me is Leftfield - Not Forgotten, lots of early stuff put out on the Soma label and some early Underworld as well.

Id agree with that to be honest, even the best trance DJ's in the world don't label themselves as trance DJ's anymore.

sounds good, i'm in the process of recording a mix i'm completely happy with sending out....i'll get one posted up here asap...

what sort of event are you looking to put on, i'm well into my deep house and techno, nothing cheesy like the stuff you hear at shuffle and charged?

Also what type of venues you thinking about using?

i'm very interested in trying to develop a bit more of an educated music scene in sheffield with people playing forward thinking music and getting decent underground bookings!

Archived