Views on Damon's please!

Emilychee

Originally posted by viking

I cannot understand, after all this negative response, that it is still always packed out and you need to book in advance.

Someone must like it

McDonalds is always busy. Doesn't mean its good.

if you want decent grub, at a reasonable price, and steak or meat is your "thing" go to The Chequers on Eckington Road, Coal aston (just past Jordanthorpe).

The Chequers does 2-4-1 adult main meals. Their mixed gill even overfaced my ex hub, who is known for his hearty appetite.

I have been to damons, on a couple of occasions, and I agree with other posters that it is expensive (even if you claim a free meal for your birthday), and that the food is very greasy. I think things are just fried, en masse. (I am thinking the episode of the Simpsons, where Moe turns his bar into "Uncle Moe's Family Feedbag", and they show an entire meal, wine included being fried).

I was not at all keen on damon's, service, food or atmosphere. I also thought that the place stank of burnt fat.

I really did not enjoy the meals I have had there. Also (ok, ok, I know it's a STEAK restaurant!) they did not cater very well for vegetarians, there was no option for vegetarians when I went (nb i mean vegetarians, not pescatarians)

I went back, to give them another chance, thinking "well, they were probably having an 'off' day". Sadly there was no difference.

PT

well i really like it, friendly staff, nice choice and quality of food. and the cocktails are fab! if you go weekdays its half price cocktails i think its between 5-7. try the blue hawaiian or frozen margerita. if you go on your birthday, you get your meal free, but remember to take birth certificate. and you get a b'day cake and your even sang to............

would recommend..........

• 6 months later...

Archived