Views on Damon's please!

Emilychee

Like the ribs and wings hate the venue full of screaming kids and people looking to get a meal for nothing, also the plates are plastic,

just use it as a take away like mc d's when feeling ribby, can only just stand being in the place for that amount of time !

Food is very greasy you feel like your having a heart attack by the time you have finished. It isn't all bad though a free meal and a cake on your birthday swings it for me everytime although it is still expensive. You could spend the same money and go somewhere much better.

Maybe its just me then, but I love Damons!

We only live down the road from them and Amraj and I find both are lush.

I love the burgers from Damons which have always been top quality when I've had one and the service has always been top notch and the staff friendly and helpful to me and the missus.

Hell- even the takeaway is great :)

And those Onion Ring Loafs- to die for... I havent been in a while, do they still do them there?

Only gripes I've got a bout the place- its a tad expensive and there are too many families with kids letting them roam about where people are eating and generally letting them pish about not giving a crap :(

You have hit the nail on the head! Its a kids playground, how someone hasn't had a plate full on their head I don't know. The last time my family went to Damons for a meal my husband visited the toilet only to have the door opened for him from the inside by a girl aged about 8 years who said "do you want to come in". He beat a hasty retreat and that is the very last time we will ever cross that threshold.

I'm with Angelus, i always enjoy Damons. Kids do run around but ever in the eating areas. THe free main meal on the birthday is a nice touch as is the cake.

Food is a little overpriced but is generally very nice, aslthough the last time i went some was a little greasy.

Cavells, Angelus,

Come on, the parents are paying top whack for their meal..

and you expect them to control their kids, TOO?

whatever is this world coming to?

(Removes tongue from cheek)

Badly behaved kids are my bugbear, too. Why should I have my meal disrupted because a parent cannot say, firmly enough to its kid "Sit down and behave properly, or you won't come here again" (or words to that effect)

PT

Originally posted by Plain Talker

Why should I have my meal disrupted because a parent cannot say, firmly enough to its kid "Sit down and behave properly, or you won't come here again" (or words to that effect)

PT

Because of selfishness PT. It is easier/better for the kid to spoil someone elses meal than their own. I apply the same logic to todays society and kids behaviour outside the homes.

I went 2 Damons a few weeks ago 4 a mates 18th and i swear it was the worst meal iv ever had. iv been a few times before and liked it, especially the onion loaf! but i wont be going again. out of 15 meals, we sent 6 back and refused to pay 4 them. we just drank cocktails insted so cant complain really!!

Archived