Views on Damon's please!

Emilychee

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Never been but the people I know who have been put it straight into one of two camps; either love it or hate it with a passion.

Wow, I've been to Damon's twice since I posted this originally! First time, I just wasn't that impressed and couldn't get over how dingy and dark it all was, firmly rooted in the 80s.

So, fast-forward to this week and the hubster's birthday - he's not from these parts so he'd just heard about it from colleagues while I bitched and moaned and told him in no uncertain terms that I really didn't like the place but, as it was his b'day, I'd treat him and hope for the best (on my part).

You could smell the fat emanating from the extractors as we walked across the car park and yes, as expected, the interior was still the same as however many years ago (judging by the date of my first post, about 4 years ago). Such small downlighters in such a high ceiling!

Hubster couldn't get over how busy it was. They didn't ask him to prove his age, but then they didn't give him a free cake either, although his main course was free. The food was ok, but their rack of ribs didn't quite stack up the huge rack he had in Planet Hollywood a couple of years ago ... but then we were actually in Times Square at the time ;)

Overall, still not fussed and not in any desperate hurry to go back.

Archived