Recommendations for a good steak restaurant

bluecanary

Can't find a remotely helpful recent thread on this, so if anyone can recommend a good steak restaurant in Sheffield, would be very grateful. Not too bothered about the style of cuisine (English, French, Italian are all fine), but it's for a special birthday night out with the OH, so would prefer somewhere a bit romantic rather than a pub. Cheers!

The Ivory (just off West St) has a separate grill menu, I haven't had a steak there myself, but boyfriend had one last time we were there and said it was superb. It fits the bill of being a bit romantic too (ask for the curved booth). Also, Artisan in Crosspool has chateaubriand on the menu if you don't mind spending a bit...

My o/h had a steak in the Wig & Pen restaurant a couple of months back. It was cooked perfectly (medium rare as ordered) and was very good beef. Definitely will be going back. I'd opted for the lamb, which was also very good. Not cheap, but certainly romantic and excellent food and wine.

Steak is one of those things that if done wrong is terrible!!! Not sure about anywhere in Sheffield, But if you fancy a drive out there is a great place over in Wigan!!!! (yes I know its a bit far) the pub has a thing called the "Butchers Block" where they have all the cuts of meat in a fridge on display. You choose the cut and then how much you want!!!! You then say how you want it cooking etc. I went there a couple of years ago and ate my way through a 38oz perfecty rare steak!!! I also got my name up on the board.:thumbsup: I hear Denby steak house is good as well and a little closer!! :hihi:

The Ivory (just off West St) has a separate grill menu, I haven't had a steak there myself, but boyfriend had one last time we were there and said it was superb. It fits the bill of being a bit romantic too (ask for the curved booth). Also, Artisan in Crosspool has chateaubriand on the menu if you don't mind spending a bit...

I've heard mixed reports about the Ivory. There's a thread of mostly disgruntled customers somewhere on here (not sure how to link to it). Anyone else had good/bad steak related experiences here? How about either 23 in West one or West 10 in Ranmoor - are either of those worth a go?

My o/h had a steak in the Wig & Pen restaurant a couple of months back. It was cooked perfectly (medium rare as ordered) and was very good beef. Definitely will be going back. I'd opted for the lamb, which was also very good. Not cheap, but certainly romantic and excellent food and wine.

I like the food at the W&P, can't remember if I had steak though, might have had the partridge last time I was there.

Archived