Where do you keep all your passwords?

Thanks for the ideas so far. Like Rivelin6 I also tend to have the same password with numbers at the end depending on the permitted length of the password.

I had to think up a "memorable date" today other than my birthday and struggled to think of anything that particularly memorable. I did eventually think of something but it wasn't marking a date of anything important so I'll probably forget.

I like Max's idea of an email somewhere

...I also tend to have the same password with numbers at the end...

Careful how many clues you give out. You've already announced where you do (some of) your online banking. Password cracking can be relatively straightforward, especially if you're in the habit of using meaningful words/meaningful number combinations (which I hope you're not). Couple that with using a forum where folk can mine your posts for that sort of meaningful information and you could end up with someone attempting to hack one or more of your various accounts.

While most online banking has the added protection of two or more layers of passwords/codes, email accounts and the like don't. While the consequence of someone breaking into the latter might not be as disastrous as someone hacking your bank details, it could still be embarrassing and inconvenient. Be a little more circumspect!

Careful how many clues you give out. You've already announced where you do (some of) your online banking. Password cracking can be relatively straightforward, especially if you're in the habit of using meaningful words/meaningful number combinations (which I hope you're not). Couple that with using a forum where folk can mine your posts for that sort of meaningful information and you could end up with someone attempting to hack one or more of your various accounts.

While most online banking has the added protection of two or more layers of passwords/codes, email accounts and the like don't. While the consequence of someone breaking into the latter might not be as disastrous as someone hacking your bank details, it could still be embarrassing and inconvenient. Be a little more circumspect!

I don't use years but a different system but obviously not saying what on here.

Amongst others, KeyWallet might suit.

Not only passwords - your choice, or a random job that the prog itself suggests/saves - but also handy for serial numbers, licence details etc.

Suffice to say, the program is passworded itself, but at least then you've only one to remember!

Archived