On the BBC website www.70sheffieldlad.co.uk

detrius

Good story Andy, I remember all that stuff, I'm 25 years older than you, at least you had a hot water bottle, ha ha, as a kid, my 2 brothers & I had old army coats on the bed to keep us warm in Winter, plus hot house bricks wrapped in old towels or an oven plate wrapped in an old sheet.

We may not have been rich, but we had great times & appreciated what we had, unlike kids of today.

Good story Andy, I remember all that stuff, I'm 25 years older than you, at least you had a hot water bottle, ha ha, as a kid, my 2 brothers & I had old army coats on the bed to keep us warm in Winter, plus hot house bricks wrapped in old towels or an oven plate wrapped in an old sheet.

We may not have been rich, but we had great times & appreciated what we had, unlike kids of today.

hi trev,did you use to unravel the stitching in the army blankets.had the pattern off the buttons imprinted on my face many times,couldn't cut themoff the coat in case they had to be worn.:hihi::hihi:

Hi Skippy

Ey we had to earn them bottles tho lol :o.I remember going and gettin all the coats off the hooks to keep me warm too.Mum would go crackers in the morning !!:rant:

Thankyou for your reply mate:)

Andy M

"A Cliffe Kid "

Hi Quakawoot

Thanks for the compliment mate.Had no training,in fact if it wasn,t for spell checker i would be illiterate lol.:loopy:

I just love talking about my past now and Sheffield history since starting off with my YouTube videos.:D

Hopefully they will want another story,but i will be writing more for my site.And have some special YouTube xmas memories videos to record this weekend which i will post when done:)

Thankyou again

Andy M

"A Cliffe Kid "

Archived