Heeley Art Club

Does any member of the Forum belong to Heeley Art Club? If so do you know if there are any records of past members?

I am trying to get information about an artist born in the late 1800s called Charles Potter. He was a fellow of the Royal Society of Art and may have lived in Derbyshire and also in Yorkshire. I believe he was a member of Heeley Art Group. He was a close friend of my father Ernest Morton.

I am trying to find something out about an artist called A.H. Taylor, who was active in the 1950s and 1960s. I am not sure if he was local, but he may well have been --and he might even have had links with Heeley Art Club! Anybody at your end know, Stunmon?

Have you tried contacting the Heeley History Workshop?

http://www.oldheeley.org

They meet at the Heeley Bank Community Rooms.

I have a postal address for their chairperson but, if you need it I'll pm you as I would rather.

I'm nothing to do with the group, just that I'm aware of its' existence as they have published several books with accounts of Heeley in years gone by.

Duffems.

I am trying to find something out about an artist called A.H. Taylor, who was active in the 1950s and 1960s. I am not sure if he was local, but he may well have been --and he might even have had links with Heeley Art Club! Anybody at your end know, Stunmon?

Thanks but Charles Potter was well before this time.

Have you tried contacting the Heeley History Workshop?

http://www.oldheeley.org

They meet at the Heeley Bank Community Rooms.

I have a postal address for their chairperson but, if you need it I'll pm you as I would rather.

I'm nothing to do with the group, just that I'm aware of its' existence as they have published several books with accounts of Heeley in years gone by.

Duffems.

Duffems,

When you say 'Heeley Bank Community Rooms' I presume you mean

the old Heeley Bank school?

If so it is now closed down and boarded up,

a link to the history of Heeley Art Club

Archived