"Workless Households" - 3 million of them!

I know of one person who has never worked and claims benefits, he pretends to an alcoholic. Every time he has to go to the benefit office he takes a can of lager and they think he has a problem. He gets a council house provided and gets his rent paid and he even gets low interest loans to buy household appliances. When he reaches 65 he will get a full pension which is wrong because my mum took time out from work to bring up my self and my brother & sister and she has been told that she will not receive a full pension because she doesn't have enough qualifying years, yet that scrounging ******* gets eveything handed to him on a plate.

I know of one person who has never worked and claims benefits, he pretends to an alcoholic. Every time he has to go to the benefit office he takes a can of lager and they think he has a problem. He gets a council house provided and gets his rent paid and he even gets low interest loans to buy household appliances. When he reaches 65 he will get a full pension which is wrong because my mum took time out from work to bring up my self and my brother & sister and she has been told that she will not receive a full pension because she doesn't have enough qualifying years, yet that scrounging ******* gets eveything handed to him on a plate.

Report this lazy prick asap.

Absolute nonsense regarding incapacity. Firstly he'd have to be signed off by his GP as having 'alcohol related problems' (or similar), which would have been diagnosed and assessed over a long period of time.

Secondly, being off ill has nothing, and never has had anything to do with frontline jobcentre/benefits staff, save for occasionally receiving sick notes.

Thirdly, in order to have been off for so long, he'd have had to have scored enough points in an assessment based on his own evidence AND the evidence of at least one medic, usually two.

Fourthly, if he receives benefits, then he MAY receive occasional (currently) interest-free loans from the state. Any low interest loans are nothing to do with the Government, and would be available to anyone who approached those companies.

Fifthly, being allocated a council house has nothing to do with receiving state benefits. I'm in a working household, always have been, and I happen to live in a council property.

Sixthly, as things stand, should he go through life without working, then he'd receive Pension Credit, which is income based, and would therefore take into account any other income, and be reduced accordingly. Those who receive a State Retirement Pension can have whatever they want on top as it's not means tested, therefore allowing for savings, personal pensions, etc.

Seventhly, for those who don't receive a full State Retirement Pension, then the income rules are only in force for the Pension Credit 'top-up', and not the contribution based element of the pension.

Eighthly, she could (should she wish, or be able to) pay her own contributions to bring her NI levels up. Not ideal, but it would make the State Pension non-means tested.

Ninethly, if you feel so strongly about this person then call the National Benefit Fraud Hotline in complete anonymity on 0800 0555 44. Your personal details will not be taken, and therefore in no way could be passed on to anybody from the Fraud team, even if they wanted to.

Hope that helps.

But yet she can afford animals and to have children. Me and my ex wanted kiddies but knew we couldnt afford them so we didnt have any. we worked and saved, obviously something this women didnt think about.

Which is fair, but I do have one question. I know everyone says 'don't have kids until you can afford them', and that's fair ......

...... but what is this mythical level of income people talk about? Being able to afford something/someone is an individual choice. For some it could be £50k pa, for som it could be £100 pa, for some it could be considerably less.

• 4 weeks later...
Clearly

Do you think depression means just being a little upset or something similar?

No cyclone I dont - Depression is often an illness, but it isnt a disability. The person MAKES depression a disability, throwing their own little pity party for weeks, months and years. Depression is a feeling of sadness that can be experienced temporarily or remain for weeks, months and years. it can be so intense that day to day life is affected IE work, interaction with family and friends, and you stop enjoying the things you usually do.

You may feel worthless, hopeless and constantly tired. In most cases, if you have milder depression, you can probably carry on but will find everyday tasks difficult. If you have severe depression, you may find your feelings so unbearable that you start thinking about suicide.

ANything else you wanna know PM me thanks

No cyclone I dont - Depression is often an illness, but it isnt a disability. The person MAKES depression a disability, throwing their own little pity party for weeks, months and years. Depression is a feeling of sadness that can be experienced temporarily or remain for weeks, months and years. it can be so intense that day to day life is affected IE work, interaction with family and friends, and you stop enjoying the things you usually do.

You may feel worthless, hopeless and constantly tired. In most cases, if you have milder depression, you can probably carry on but will find everyday tasks difficult. If you have severe depression, you may find your feelings so unbearable that you start thinking about suicide.

ANything else you wanna know PM me thanks

spot on :clap:

• 7 months later...
Story here-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7746174.stm

There's no wonder the country is broke! 3 million workless households, and then the official 'unemployed' on top of these. These toe rags bring in 14k a year sitting on their butts (although daughter has obviously been active in some departments - adding to the size of this particular drain on society). And thats probably after their housing costs have been paid.

The govt seem to be getting tighter on these parasitic types but i hope there's more cuts to come their way. I want to see them selling big issues or shaking in a shop doorway with their hands outstretched- and i'd still give my money to the tramp.

Oops! there's 3.3 million now (August 2009) and the number's are rising. Labour clearly isn't working!

Archived