"Workless Households" - 3 million of them!

i know of at least two seperate people on benefts that have gone to the dom republic. I also know some one who has a caravan 22ft one in ingolmells- how much is the ground rent per year ????????? can you afford one of these I know I carnt

£1800 per year at least for a static in ingoldmells

i know of at least two seperate people on benefts that have gone to the dom republic. I also know some one who has a caravan 22ft one in ingolmells- how much is the ground rent per year ????????? can you afford one of these I know I carnt

How do you know that they claim benefits?

Story here-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7746174.stm

There's no wonder the country is broke! 3 million workless households, and then the official 'unemployed' on top of these. These toe rags bring in 14k a year sitting on their butts (although daughter has obviously been active in some departments - adding to the size of this particular drain on society). And thats probably after their housing costs have been paid.

The govt seem to be getting tighter on these parasitic types but i hope there's more cuts to come their way. I want to see them selling big issues or shaking in a shop doorway with their hands outstretched- and i'd still give my money to the tramp.

what makes you think all people without a job are `lazy,and just sitting on there butts`I do not work because we have a dissabled son and my wife is also ill,I am sorry but i would rather struggle on what the social pays rather than work for more money and not be there for my `son and wife`There is a bigger picture in life `you just need to see it!!

What a pitty that people can't think of pleasant things like Ola Jordan lap dancing in a skimpy outfit rather than constantly have a dig at the least fortunate people in society. I'm sure if the occupied their minds with these more pleasant thoughts they would be happier in themselves.

!!AGREED!!

Can't find this story in the bbc or telegraph, have you got a link.

If its the story I mentioned then it was on GMTV but I dont know how to do links

I have just looked on their website and it took me to virgin media I think

Edit

Just read it all and it says that the majority of these cases are for the severely disabled, no mention of this on the tv this morning

So I apologise for my post :thumbsup:

the LABOUR government will do NOTHING as the more people rely on handouts the more votes they are guaranteed. Do as they have in the States I think, 5 years claiming and that's your lot. People on here blaming the Tories but Brown, Blair et al have done nothing to rectify the issue.

Having spent many fruitless hours trying to persuade people to get out and vote I can assure you that if any party relied on the votes of people on benefits they'd never get in to power. If you look at the turnout at elections you'll see that the highest proportion is in those areas where the fewest people claim benefits.

The idea that the Labour Party relies on these votes is just ludicrous. :loopy:

A Department for Work and Pensions spokesman said: "These families are a tiny minority and in almost all cases the money includes extra support for the most severely disabled."

Doesn't seem quite so outrageous when you realise that it's not JSA that's being talked about.

what makes you think all people without a job are `lazy,and just sitting on there butts`I do not work because we have a dissabled son and my wife is also ill,I am sorry but i would rather struggle on what the social pays rather than work for more money and not be there for my `son and wife`There is a bigger picture in life `you just need to see it!!
I'd quite like to stay at home and be given free money to be with my family rather than working. It must be great to be able to do that.

I have pride though - and the sort of moral responsibility I inherited from my parents that requires me to pay for my own way in life rather than expect other people to fund my family.

Archived