Noahs ark update

rats12

Shame the quiz night's moved from Wednesday - Rats, did you know the Cobden's quiz night is a Tuesday too?

I'm not sure about the karaoke myself, I was hoping that after 3 months in the wilderness we might be able to get back to some good old conversation in the Noah's!!

Yes, the things I really liked about the Noah's was its traditional atmosphere - good conversation, decent quiz on Wednesdays, a pub for the local regulars to get together. I was hoping it would stay that way, as I'd come to call it my regular local these last few years. There are plenty of other pubs in Crookes for fans of karaoke and dj parties, I was hoping the Noah's wouldn't turn into yet another one.

Yes, the things I really liked about the Noah's was its traditional atmosphere - good conversation, decent quiz on Wednesdays, a pub for the local regulars to get together. I was hoping it would stay that way, as I'd come to call it my regular local these last few years. There are plenty of other pubs in Crookes for fans of karaoke and dj parties, I was hoping the Noah's wouldn't turn into yet another one.

I think many locals would agree with that. That was how it was for many years under John Pearson's successful management, a pleasant man who kept his beer in fine fettle and his wife, Tina, who offered value for money meals as well. A welcoming hostelry for the locals to chat without having to shout across a table or compete with microphones, save for the quiz.

Go against that and many will either drift to The Grindstone or stay at home.

sorry to hear people are not happy with how the noahs has opened back up as i am trying diffferent things to see what sort of reaction i get as the week days are so empty then i have to try new things at the weekend its not set in stone yet we shall see how things go

That was how it was for many years under John Pearson's successful management, a pleasant man who kept his beer in fine fettle and his wife, Tina, who offered value for money meals as well.

Got to respect a bloke that keeps his beers and his wife in fine fettle

Archived