Noahs ark update

rats12

sorry to hear people are not happy with how the noahs has opened back up as i am trying diffferent things to see what sort of reaction i get as the week days are so empty then i have to try new things at the weekend its not set in stone yet we shall see how things go

Rats,

I for one am grateful that you've kept on the forum and that you're clearly interested in the feedback you're getting, so thank you.

I suppose it depends what sort of punters you're looking to attract. For those of us, er, slightly older folk, the Noah's has always been a great, proper, local boozer, where we go to meet friends and have a chat. Apart from the great Wednesday quizzes, there wasn't much background noise, so the place was full of banter and conversation.

For me, I don't think a quiet pub is a bad place, and I'm fairly sure that a decent proportion of Crookes residents would agree - after all, there are other pubs in Crookes for people who like loud music and that kind of entertainment, but very few places that cater for the 'traditional' pub-goer.

In any case, I'm glad you're willing to gauge people's reactions and adjust things accordingly!

I don't think karaoke would work there anyway - but don't let me stop you from trying it - as soon as I walk into a pub and get a whiff of it I turnaround and go elsewhere, and I know plenty of people feel this way.

I actually quite like the Noahs as a pub but living halfway between the Cobden and Princess Royal have only ever used it occasionally - even when it was thriving.

Suppose to keep the Naoh's open we all have to remember it is a buisiness and has to be run like one. The former landlady had very little music on but it still failed, sure everything will settle down in time it is just “suck it and see”. Try what you want Rat’s if it doesn’t work then move on and try something else :)

Suppose to keep the Naoh's open we all have to remember it is a buisiness and has to be run like one. The former landlady had very little music on but it still failed, sure everything will settle down in time it is just “suck it and see”. Try what you want Rat’s if it doesn’t work then move on and try something else :)

The pub started to go down the pan when John Pearson left and many of his regulars were driven away by Andrea who had no experience in the trade and upset many locals. It may be difficult to replicate John's era with smoking bans, drinking trends etc. but he was the benchmark - driven out by greedy breweries.

Rats, the kareoke friday was great fun

we will def be coming again

can you please give more details of the 'open mike' night

thanks for that hun glad you enjoyed it the open mike night should start on the 1st feb basically it is what it says lol everyone is welcome to come along and do a turn on the mike whether singing comedy instruments a great way of a get together and chilled live music

any more on unusual or guest beers in the pipeline?

not at the minute love but we are having happy hour every day 12 till 7 carling,john smiths,boddingtons,and black sheep £2.00 a pint hope to se all of you soon thanks rachel.

Archived