Noahs ark update

rats12

just letting you all know that i have the go ahead to spruce up the noahs if we get people back in over christmas nothing drastic just cleaned and brightening up with lighter colours so try and come down and show you want to keep it open thinking of scrapping karaoke after xmas so please all of you and friends show us all how much you all want to get it back and for it to stay open please show your support thanks for all the feed back rachel.

I think one problem is that the pub doesn't even seem like its open. It looks dark all the time and the only way you'd know its open is that the door is slightly ajar, especially as you can't see in through the windows. Maybe a bit more colour outside? Also one suggestion is perhaps invest in a small advert in Beer Matters, the local CAMRA publication. Any pub can advertise, costs £25 for a quarter page, £40 for a half page and £60 for a whole page. Deadline for the next publication is 13th January. Its available in many pubs so you are marketing straight to the drinker, many of whom may not even know that the Noahs had reopened. Even though there might not be loads of guest ales on, I think many people would jump at the chance of supporting a traditional pub and enjoying a decent pint.

Glad to hear the karaoke might be going after Christmas, I think you'll get many more people in on a Friday if it's quiet enough to have a chat. It was always busy before on a Friday!

At the risk of repeating what's already been said, the other very busy night was always the Wednesday quiz. It's not the same having it on a Tuesday - it clashes with both the Ball and the Cobden View. The Noah's was often very busy on quiz night, and it could be again.

I agree with Sharp87 - an advert in Beer Matters would help a lot, as it's going to take a bit of work to get the old loyal regulars back who were put off by the noisy opening nights! But I hope you get the support you're after - I know my friends and I are doing our best at least one night a week (and more often if the karaoke goes :D)

Only advice i would offer is get some local beers on! But i would say that! ;)

Seriously though, you can get the major brands anywhere and they are tasteless with no local provenance. Local ales have a unique marketing hook and more flavour and care and attention has gone into their brewing.

http://www.thebrewcompany.co.uk

Only advice i would offer is get some local beers on! But i would say that! ;)

Seriously though, you can get the major brands anywhere and they are tasteless with no local provenance. Local ales have a unique marketing hook and more flavour and care and attention has gone into their brewing.

http://www.thebrewcompany.co.uk

It depends on the Pub Co who own the Noahs.....it can be very difficult to get many local ales as Punch and Enterprise ET AL carry only a very limited supply of regional beer, they tend to stock and sell to the retailer only the big brands....we have free lines at the York so can source plenty of local beer. We have put on, so far, Kelham Island Beers, Abbeydale, Sheffield Brewery Company, etc, ..this is one of the problems with Pub Companies, you are forced to buy from them, but they supply big name brands only so many of the local beers are found only in free of tie houses....and there are previous few of them left now....

I went on pub crawl around Crookes/Walkley a couple of weeks ago and did not find many local ales...you really have to hunt hard

• 2 weeks later...

Archived