Old Harrow Pub Gleadless

RELIABLE

Its been closed for a while now after going down hill , but i noticed they have started doing work on the pub roof and replacing windows and claddin outside and looks like workman are inside aswell . I heard this is going to be a weatherspoons but to be honest i cant see that happening in the area its sittude in . Does anyone have any knowledge of what its going to be if reopening ect. The pub used to be packed goin bk in the late 80 s / 90s when they used to have live dj on thurs to sun lets hope its summet good to bring the pub back to what it used to be .

It's another vacant pub owned by pub- and life-wrecking outfit Enterprise Inns.

No doubt some sucker will be enticed to part with their life savings, starry eyed at the prospect of 'running their own pub'.

Before the chain is broken by EI's impossible demands and the place becomes vacant once more.

Even the Black Swan on Peasholme Green in York has closed - guess who owns that building?

Take the pub next to Crystal Peaks bus station .... 8 people in the place at 9pm on a Saturday night. Do Enterprise own that? If it was my business I'd be out of my head with worry? Is it just the prices and smoking ban that have killed it or is it the sort of clientele frequenting the pubs?

The one at CP is weird

It should be part of the peaks but it doesn't seem to be easily accessible :confused:

It should be a nice place to have a lunch whilst out shopping, or to stop for a coffee or drink before catching the bus home, but it just doesn't put itself forward that way

We used it a couple of times to pore over house details we'd picked up in the estate agents whilst house hunting, but it was weird 7 years ago too

The Old Harrow was our local in '93 when we lived practically next door. It was a great traditional pub with a good reputation in those days

The one at CP is weird

It should be part of the peaks but it doesn't seem to be easily accessible :confused:

It should be a nice place to have a lunch whilst out shopping, or to stop for a coffee or drink before catching the bus home, but it just doesn't put itself forward that way

We used it a couple of times to pore over house details we'd picked up in the estate agents whilst house hunting, but it was weird 7 years ago too

It seems to do well with the low lifes who fill the place up at lunchtime with its close proximity to the Bookies and Poundland.

Evenings just seems to consist of the landlord dressed in jeans and a football shirt stood with a few of his mates outside the front door smoking? The Milestone used to be a good pub, but a succession of poor managers has rendered it to what it is today!

Archived