AA Recovery Rant

i was about 4 miles off j25 of m1 ,i understand i wasn't the only one who broke down yesterday but i still think the time delay was a bit ridiculous ,and not only that but when i was picked up (by a garage contracted to aa)and halfway home the AA guy phoned me asking me where i was because he was where i had broken down and i was'nt there.You wait for1 to come then 2 come in the space of 15 mins lol (Obviously lack of communication)

Oh well, i got home in the end and defrosted myself so all well :)

Mr Strix has had a car uplifted by the AA after an accident - mind you that meant a round of phone calls which led right back to the start point, so I ranted at them that the car was a member, we were members, and I don't care which department THEY think should handle it, they can get a recovery truck out to us NOW, and sort THEIR paperwork out afterwards (which seemed to do the trick)

Last time I had the AA out the bloke who turned up told me they'd sold off all the fleet bigger than a transit van - so was it an AA recovery truck which came out, something smaller, or a contracted recovery truck?

Mr Strix has had a car uplifted by the AA after an accident - mind you that meant a round of phone calls which led right back to the start point, so I ranted at them that the car was a member, we were members, and I don't care which department THEY think should handle it, they can get a recovery truck out to us NOW, and sort THEIR paperwork out afterwards (which seemed to do the trick)

Last time I had the AA out the bloke who turned up told me they'd sold off all the fleet bigger than a transit van - so was it an AA recovery truck which came out, something smaller, or a contracted recovery truck?

it was a recovery truck AA must have outsourced to them (he mentioned that there company was trying to get the big contract with AA)

We use Green Flag. A couple of years ago on new years day the front suspension on our car went. It was completely un drivable.

We where in Coventry, I rang them and they where there withing the hour. Drove us and the car all the way back to Sheffield and put the car down on my drive.

He said if it needed to be taken to a garage when one was open give them a call and they would come and move it for us.

I have to say i couldn't fault the service, it was very good.

:thumbsup:

You can't realistically expect the AA to have enough recovery vehicles to cover every breakdown, particularly this time of year, and respond within the hour - surely.

I have, on a couple of occasions recently, had to wait around four hours myself, in Rotherham and in Doncaster.

Four hours seems about par-for-the-course.

You can't realistically expect the AA to have enough recovery vehicles to cover every breakdown, ..........

They used to provide adequate cover.

One of the problems, today, is the bean-counters getting rid of the dedicated recovery vehicles and using Patrol/Service vehicles to recover as well.

Each time one of these undertakes a recovery, it takes a patrol out of the system for many hours.

Not to mention that the last time I was recovered, it took the patrolman over an hour to set up the towing 'dolly' (that is possibly illegally wide) that winches out from the back of the transit.

With regard to the OP, the AA terms do actually exclude recovery after an accident as part of the free service.

Archived