AA Recovery Rant

what a day i had a collision this afternoon which meant i could'nt drive my vehicle home because of damage .AA were called to recover me and vehicle and take us to garage in sheffield (bear in mind i'am a woman at least 60 odd miles away from home and absolutely freezing) well i ended up having to wait 4 hours and 15 mins for a recovery patrol to finally turn up Well done AA for your top notch effiency ...not

cancel your subscription!! I have Greenflag....called them 4 times this year abd each time they have come out in under the house, usually 35-40 mins!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there. I work for the AA and I am concerned to read about the difficulties you encountered during your recent breakdown. The AA welcome feedback, both good and bad, and I invite you to contact our Member Care team to discuss these issues. They can be contacted on customersupport@theaa.com or telephone number 0845 607 6727.

In June this year, my car broke down on the Dearne Valley Parkway (between Darfield and Brampton) at one in the morning. I called the AA. They said it could be an hour and a half before they could get to me. After half an hour they telephoned me to ask if I was OK. It actually took them fifty minutes to reach me. My car and myself were then taken home. Sounds if I was very lucky .

• 4 years later...

Just had my AA recovery renewal through. After last year after they took out payment after telling them I wasn't renewing I phoned to tell them I wasn't renewing this year. At £129 for the year I told them they were too expensive, after telling I didn't want the money taking out of my account they eventually reduced it to £80. Worth telling them your going elsewhere.

Archived