What was your best xmas present as a kid - and what did you get instead ?? ..

detrius

Hi All

EEEH nearly christmas already.Yippeeee :thumbsup:

Just finished a night shift,and while i was working hard(as you do).I was thinking of the presents i got for Christmas as a kid.And thought it would make a good festive topic

soooo !!

A, What was your best toy you ever got as a kid and why ??

B, What did you ask for - and what did you get instead ??

So to start the ball rolling..

My best toy was a big plastic meccano set that was as big as me.I spent hours making cars.And a special chair for my teddy to sit on.(and no i wasn,t in my twenties then either ):loopy:

And i always wanted an action man like the other kids had.Like eagle eyes.But ended up gettin the (very) cheaper variety that was about an inch bigger than the originals so he couldn,t fit in the vehicles and his arms and wrists didn,t bend (lifes so cruel):rant:

Please share yours lol

Look forward to hearing them:suspect:

Andy M

"A Cliffe Kid"

Hiya Detrius, my best toy i got when i was a kid was my raleigh chopper it was purple ,God i loved that bike i use to clean it every time i used it lol because it had gears i use to pretend it was i car.(i was a tomboy )

I know you hav'nt asked, but I am going to tell you anyway the worse toy i got was a flaming Ventrilaquist dummy now that thing scared me to death, it had ginger hair, big blue scarey eyes , and was dressed in a blue sailor suit with white trim. :shakes: (dont think it helped when me and my sister watched that film when the dummy was telling the man to kill people )been scared of them every since , we use to keep it under the bed at our nans makes me shudder to think of it lol (i cant even watch the dam things of telly they give me the creeps ):loopy:

Hi Goldenbabe

I had a bike one year it was my first bike.And it was a racer but it was sold and built by Allens cycles that were in Firth Park.They built their own bikes out of bits and sprayed them blue with Allens Cycles on them.Othe rkids tool the mickey but i didn,t care cos it was all mine.:thumbsup:

Dont remember a worst present,but i remember the doll you mention scary bloody things should have been banned.That and clowns too:rant: lol :D

Andy M

don't remember EVER getting a Christmas present, well maybe apple, orange & a few chocolate penny's in my stocking,but now that ventrilaquist dummy bring back a few memory's ,i bought one for my daughter searched in every store in town (her pick) for this D-Dummy only found one but that scared her for life

The best toy I remember getting for Christmas would have been an Action Man and the second best toy was a Dalek.

I asked for other toys as I grew up like my cousins had got, a Bontempi (sp) organ and a Rolf Harris stylophone, but instead I got a machine where you put an old penny in and got a Cadbury's miniature chocolate bar in return and a toy cash register that had plastic coins in it.

Unlike some people on this forum (who shall remain nameless) who also had one of these cash registers, I never succumbed to enter a life of crime by fraudulently using the plastic coins supplied with the cash register in vending machines outside local shops.

Hello MR Car Supplier

I Dont know who it was that might have taken his plastic toy money down to the pakistani shops and cafe ON Bodmin St,and put his money in the bubbly machines,and toy machines while somebody kept watch by the door.:D errrr oops to much info eerrr Ahem:confused:

Its not big and it (was) clever.They should be punished and given their own website lol:P

Cheers Buddy:thumbsup:

AND DONT LIKE THE DUMMY EEEH-YUK (NOT YOU THE LINK :o)

Archived