Beats and treats info requested...

trentboy2

Originally posted by trentboy2

Me and my grilfreind are moving to Sheffield soon and I will be looking for a decent local once we get settled. I've been living in Poland for quite a while now and all we get is rubbish US hip-hop, cheesy techno and Micheal Bolton. I'm looking for somewhere that plays interesting music preferably funk, soul, breaks etc but isn't pretentious and overpriced. Any suggestions??? Cheers.

U could try out the Lounge Bar. Friday nights are interesting musically its well varied and theres no pretention. I promise u theres something u like been served up.

Me and my grilfreind are moving to Sheffield soon and I will be looking for a decent local once we get settled. I've been living in Poland for quite a while now and all we get is rubbish US hip-hop, cheesy techno and Micheal Bolton. I'm looking for somewhere that plays interesting music preferably funk, soul, breaks etc but isn't pretentious and overpriced. Any suggestions??? Cheers.

Try The Tuesday Club at Sheffield University Union. This week we have Roni Size, Next week Dj Format and Abdominal, lots of beats and pieces go on and it's open to everyone, not just students.

Also for quality house, breaks and techno go to Urban Gorilla at .Zero every Friday...this week there's Rob Da Bank and Richard Fearless(the guy from death in vegas). It goes from 10pm-6am and has a nice, friendly atmosphere.

like your style clipboard i just love abit of format. cheers everyone else as well. keep em coming.

thanks mate...have to say, i got it slightly wrong...next week we have Foreign Beggars live(winners of best group and best single at the uk hip hop awards) and Homecut Directive (amazing live hip hop/funk band) THEN we have format the week after...look out for Tuesday Club flyers as more good stuff is on its way.

well as it happens I wont be moving to Sheffield for a couple of weeks yet. not to fussed about missing format and ab as much as i love the cuddly pair but it still gives me hope that I wont have to put up with poor quality "hard-core" here in Poland any more.

lovely jubbley

Paul

Archived