New events at Redroom

Redroom*

To be fair its not really RedRooms fault that they can't promote as much as they would like. The council has made it nigh on impossible to promote in the city. I'm fairly certain every venue and night would promote much more if they weren't running the risk of getting fined and so on.

clubs arent allowed to fly-post no, but there are other ways of advertising. other clubs get people out handing out flyers direct to people around the town on nights for example. not to mention sites like dsi and get promoting in the relevant groups as well as just listing the event. there are plenty of ways to get the word around if someone is prepared to put in the effort and obviously this is in their own interest to do so - if i were organising a night i would be marching up and down sheffield myself dragging people into the club to make it a success!

obviously the bigger nights can advertise themselves to a degree but when it comes to the not so big nights you need to make people aware - especially as redrooms is a little out of the way aswell. people need encouragement!

When its jumping redroom is superb and all summer when they took the inside outside it was absolutely brilliant. Sounds like you have had bad luck

that sounds pretty interesting with being outside

yeah. electrosexuals nights varied in customers. and yeah after wed moved from nylon (who are the same owners as us) not many people knew we were open again. as discodown says it is very hard to promote as our posterers get chased around the city by city embassadors and if we get caught flyering its an on the 70 quid spot fine. although we have a new facebook page to promote.

i love the redroom as a venue, the outside bit is a wee bit chilly for me this time of year... but then if i wore more than a skimpy tshirt then i might be ok lol

we go to every speedqueen, quality.

BUT, i think the place would benefit from some lighting guidance, for example, ditch most of the wall lights, put some new bulbs in your intelligent lighting, get some smoke in there, and buy a laser thats around £450 for a room that size, not a £99 one, they arent bright enough. PM me if you want me to sort it for you lol! Although im not a lighting engineer by any stretch of the imagination, but i know what looks good.

There is my 2 pence worth!

I think people need to get back to the main thread here...........

If you are living in Sheffield, are you happy with the general nights that happening in some of the bigger venues ? The same dj;s etc ?

If not, and you love house, give redrooms a chance. Sheffield is sadly a city of sheep where people dare not venture out from the norm (cheese) BUT, Redrooms has staged some of the best nights this city has seen for YEARS............electrosexual especially.

Now look to the future, back2basics is here and the launch was well recieved, given the fact it was at what is know as one of the slowest nights of the year (with christmas coming up ........... and the fact the economy is the worst it has been since the people who read this have been alive)........ Graeme Park on the 27th.........he is pretty much the founder of British house music..............loads is going on, the nights are there and are good, just make the effort and turn out to them. All it needs is a little support.

just make the effort and turn out to them. All it needs is a little support.

dude, i came and i saw. twice.

really excited by the prospect of a new stomping ground....

great line-ups and great sound system....

but that place is ****ing freezing!!

its a bit weird when all the bar staff, receptionist and clients are still wearing their coats half-way thru the night.

maybe i'm missing summat and thats the way it is with the rave scene ya-knaa!

but i like to SWEAT when i dance. not just leap around cos i have to keep warm.

sorry if that sounds a bit harsh. happy to modify if you feel it is. just pm me :)

I can't really comment on any other nights at the venue, but I was very disappointed at the Back To Basics night. I went down with a few friends expecting big things, I love Basics at Myhouse and I have had some really good nights when it was at Rehab, But was shocked to see how few people actually turned up. Also that the atmosphere was not the same as a normal Basics night. The fact that the sound system cut out, and only myself, the DJ and the lad I was stood next to was the only people that actually noticed didn't install much confidence. I really hope they do it again in Sheffield and it works next time!!

So who's telling the truth here? Redroom says the Basics night was rammed, and now you're telling us it was dead (and LiamC1979 seems to be intimating this too?).

Anyone been to SulpHate?

We've run two events at Redroom so far that have both been great. Good crowds and fantastic atmosphere too. We've got a free party this Friday 19/12/08, so that's a good opportunity to come and see the venue without having to pay...!

31/10/08

DJ Rephlex Records, Rich C90, Aux_Out, DY Dirty Cheese + residents...

28/11/08

Surgeon, Andrea Parker, Distorted Panda + residents

Next events:

19/12/08 http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=48324648687

FREE PARTY: Tommy Vicari Jnr, Karmacist, DJ Dirty Cheese + residents

30/01/09 http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106631990098

Altern-8, Smashback, Synapse + residents

Redroom is a great little space. We had a couple of options for venues when we started out SulpHate but once we met Dan and Paul, and blasted by their absolutely killer system, we knew we'd found the right place.

Anyone been to SulpHate?

We've run two events at Redroom so far that have both been great. Good crowds and fantastic atmosphere too. We've got a free party this Friday 19/12/08, so that's a good opportunity to come and see the venue without having to pay...!

31/10/08

DJ Rephlex Records, Rich C90, Aux_Out, DY Dirty Cheese + residents...

28/11/08

Surgeon, Andrea Parker, Distorted Panda + residents

Next events:

19/12/08 http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=48324648687

FREE PARTY: Tommy Vicari Jnr, Karmacist, DJ Dirty Cheese + residents

30/01/09 http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106631990098

Altern-8, Smashback, Synapse + residents

Redroom is a great little space. We had a couple of options for venues when we started out SulpHate but once we met Dan and Paul, and blasted by their absolutely killer system, we knew we'd found the right place.

Forgive my ignorance but whats the music like?

Archived