New events at Redroom

Redroom*

clubs arent allowed to fly-post no, but there are other ways of advertising. other clubs get people out handing out flyers direct to people around the town on nights for example. not to mention sites like dsi and get promoting in the relevant groups as well as just listing the event. there are plenty of ways to get the word around if someone is prepared to put in the effort and obviously this is in their own interest to do so - if i were organising a night i would be marching up and down sheffield myself dragging people into the club to make it a success!

obviously the bigger nights can advertise themselves to a degree but when it comes to the not so big nights you need to make people aware - especially as redrooms is a little out of the way aswell. people need encouragement!

You say it like its really easy! Its extremely time consuming and can be disheartening and expensive and tiring to promote a night. RedRoom do at least as much as other promoters to get word out but the internet isn't the be all and end all. Also you can't just walk round town handing out flyers to people. you need a licence to do it and that costs £70 I think. It is really really difficult to promote now. You must remember the time when everyone used to flypost lampposts in town and advertise everything? Have you never wondered why that doesn't happen anymore? Its too big a risk and an expense you don't need. To be fair its not just Sheffield that does this, I kniow promoters who have been fined in Chesterfield and Barnsley for this

its one of the hardest jobs ever. the amount of times ive had to run from smebody when ive been postering is ridiculous. The sulphate night is rave music...drum n bass..that type of stuff.underground music. AND yes tickets for Speedqueen NYE are still available, at Redroom, Saki's, Bar 23 and Sanctuary. 14 quid. and if you want a wristband to get you into the afterparty at Sanctuary 4am-mid day. message me. fiver a wristband.

Forgive my ignorance but whats the music like?

Techno, acid, electronica, little bit of dubstep, hardcore, electro, jungle, breakcore... bit of everything really as long as it's underground I guess. We keep it varied, I've never liked being in a club and getting 6 hours of the same beat...

Free party this Friday, 10-4am. Good chance to investigate... :)

Also you can't just walk round town handing out flyers to people. you need a licence to do it and that costs £70 I think.

ever heard the phrase speculate to accumulate?! if you can get people in the door and get the nights more known about then it will pay for itself pretty quickly!

not saying its easy, of course it takes effort but its worth it in the long run to put everything into promoting even the smaller nights, the bigger a success they are then the even bigger a success they will potentially be the next time - word of mouth is a powerful tool. Im not saying the net is the be all and end all either, but every little helps! just because something may only generate a few extra people doesnt mean its not worth doing, especially if its free!

It is a shame its so difficult for new or not so well nights though as its good to be able to have a choice in sheffield rather than going to the same clubs every week.

AND yes tickets for Speedqueen NYE are still available, at Redroom, Saki's, Bar 23 and Sanctuary. 14 quid. and if you want a wristband to get you into the afterparty at Sanctuary 4am-mid day. message me. fiver a wristband.

what kind of music is speedqueen? appologies if this has already been covered.

ever heard the phrase speculate to accumulate?! if you can get people in the door and get the nights more known about then it will pay for itself pretty quickly!

not saying its easy, of course it takes effort but its worth it in the long run to put everything into promoting even the smaller nights, the bigger a success they are then the even bigger a success they will potentially be the next time - word of mouth is a powerful tool. Im not saying the net is the be all and end all either, but every little helps! just because something may only generate a few extra people doesnt mean its not worth doing, especially if its free!

It is a shame its so difficult for new or not so well nights though as its good to be able to have a choice in sheffield rather than going to the same clubs every week.

Bear in mind the license is per person not per venue or event. Therefore if you want more than one person flyering then you need to have some pretty hefty financial muscle to make it happen.

I suppose you could not bother getting the license but would you risk a £70 on the spot fine for each person flyering every time they are caught and the chance of a court appearence and (i may be wrong) a criminal or civil conviction? I agree that in practise it might be worth doing but a fine is an unnecassary expense you can do without.

I agree there is no more powerful tool than word of mouth. But sadly sheffield is a very fickle city. People will turn and abandon nights at the drop of a hat and won't support the nights that are there.

Archived