La Civetta da Roberto Italian restaurant, Hillsborough

rosaespanola

I've been loads of times and I really don't understand all the negative comments.

The food is great, the staff are very friendly (Roberto is a really nice guy) it's all very genuine.

Now i'm willing to concede that i'm not exactly an expert, but the missus and I took both sets of parents plus some others in the summer, all of whom are very well travelled and knowledgeable about food and no-one left without a big smile on their face

• 1 month later...

I've only been once and I really liked it and I'd recommend it to others. It was about a month ago. The food wasn't the best I've had but it was nice and it was fairly priced. The seafood pasta was good, the salmon good, the mussels were very good but the garlic bread picante was fantastic. It sounds like it inspires wildly different responses judging by the posts here. Some people have had comically bad experiences that sound very Fawlty Towers. Boney Calzone! "What do you expect? It's made with fresh ingredients". Brilliant! Whatever next? "Meat still frozen? It's supposed to be like that, it's meat ice-cream from a Heston Blumenthal recipe you fool!".

I really liked Roberto. He's got such a big personality, it's impossible to imagine him being anything other than a restaurateur.

Have to agree with most of he above I'm afraid.

Ate there once, never again.

Sette Colli on the other hand is a real find, nothing to look at from the outside but the food in my opinion is first class.

Xx

Haven't been to La Civetta and judging by the replies don't think ill bother! On the other hand Setti Colli, Great food, Great atmosphere and you are made to feel welcome.:thumbsup:

Try it for yourself and see. IMHO it's a lot better than Sette Colli, much, much better.

Anyway, never eat somewhere that has E. Coli in the name!

For your information Setti Colli translates as Seven Hills, as in the seven hills around Sheffield!

Have you actually tried this restaurant, if so you'll know thats it's very clean and posting the comment above could be classed as slander.

With regards to the original post all restaurants have bad days where the food isn't as good as it should be, but there are not many good comments posted.

The pizza especially is much better than Pizza i've had in other (highly recommended) Italian restaurants

I really liked Roberto. He's got such a big personality, it's impossible to imagine him being anything other than a restaurateur.

Yes isn't he? I'm sure he told me he was once a Lorry driver

For your information Setti Colli translates as Seven Hills, as in the seven hills around Sheffield!

Have you actually tried this restaurant, if so you'll know thats it's very clean and posting the comment above could be classed as slander.

With regards to the original post all restaurants have bad days where the food isn't as good as it should be, but there are not many good comments posted.

I think you mean libel but there was no defamation intended. I'm sure most people saw it as a humorous play on the name Sette Colli and wouldn't class it as libel. You may have observed that I said "In the name" not "In the food". I wouldn't joke about the hygiene of the food, the place is as clean as you say. It wouldn't still be operating if it wasn't.

Archived