Worst Chinese Takeaway Ever!

The_Shark

last night after a day out with my father and not having any food in we decided to get a takeaway.

Now i don't really like Chinese but Archaeobard does so we went for that and ordered from New Jumbo on City Road.

So we ordered:-

1) Mixed Starter

2)Aromatic Crispy Duck

47)Chicken Curry

168)House Special Chow Mein

And 30 minutes later Archaeobard was throwing up everywhere and an hour after that so was i!

I haven't been that ill in ages, all i can say is i will never be ordering from there again and it puts me off ordering from any Chinese ever again!

Doesn't food poisoning take up to 24 hours to kick in? I have no reason to defend the place in question, but it's possible that it was something that they had eaten early in the day?

Considering we'd not really eaten much else during the day that seems unlikely. Personally my body knows when it's eaten something dodgey and from past experience it tries to get rid of it as soon as possible, usually within an hour of eating, which I am pretty sure is what happened last night. Next time I want Chinese I think I will make it myself!!

I'd ring up the food hygiene inspectors at Sheffield City Council and get them round straight away.

Mind you it always amuses me when people complain about eating Chinese food and being ill for days afterwards. Personally i try and steer clear of foreign muck like that.

I'd ring up the food hygiene inspectors at Sheffield City Council and get them round straight away.

Mind you it always amuses me when people complain about eating Chinese food and being ill for days afterwards. Personally i try and steer clear of foreign muck like that.

Don't be a fool! Food makes you ill because it's off and contains bacteria not becuase it's foreign!

Can I also point out that English 'cuisine' is mostly borrowed from the French.

Doesn't food poisoning take up to 24 hours to kick in? I have no reason to defend the place in question, but it's possible that it was something that they had eaten early in the day?

i'm sure Staph A (Staphylococcus aureus) has an onset period of anything from 20 minutes to 12 hours,symptoms are Vommiting and abdominal pain.not nice,phone the EHO.but you will need a sample of the food,to take the matter further.

Archived