Feed back needed for out of hours salon

hi all,

just wondering what you thought of out of hours salon opening (this could be one for the girls) im thinking about keeping a salon open till 8 oclock at night doing hair and beauty for those off you that work till half five i know how hard it is to get an appointment and wondered what your views are on this im also considering opening it up on a sunday as well but not sure how this will go down so come on give me your views they would be very welcome in trying to make the right decision

the salon is in sheffield six stannington

Probably one for the girls, but . . .

My barber opens on a Sunday and it's more often than not when I go. She also has some nights where she stays open a bit later - not through to 8, but blokes tend not to need as much time for hair-do's.

Whatever you decide, do try to publicise your opening times - cards/flyers in shops, leaflet drop, that kind of thing.

good luck

It possibly depends on your location as to whether it would be a success or not.

It does sound like a good idea, and late nights in particular can work well for some salons.

I know of a couple that are surrounded by busy local shops that stay open most nights and always seem to have customers in.

If you have enough people in the area it could do very well.

My sister's a hairdresser so she does my hair out of hours at my home as I work long hours but if it weren't for the fact she does it, I'd definitely be interested in this.

The key would be to ensure people know you're doing it - and obviously the area too. Why not visit some of the local small businesses and ask them?

I think initially people choose a hairdresser based on their skill of how well they cut/style your hair and will follow them around once they find a good one, like above, you become loyal but that's borne out of your hairdresser giving you a good cut of course.

Opening times wouldnt make me choose a hairdresser except if I was looking around for a new one, then I would give it a try, but if you didnt have good stylists the opening times wouldnt retain me over the haircutting abilities.

I pay around £50-£70 for 1 visit every 4 weeks. I came across mine at a wedding event and was impressed with the owner's attitude at the stand, and I now travel for 40 minutes each way to their salon. As you can imagine, for this they need to be worth it.

So although your opening times are a great USP, dont make it your main one is my suggestion. Make it part of a bigger one ie Perefct Hair from 8 til late 7 days a week (not exactly those words but you know what I mean).

I think it is a great idea - not least for those people with children who can't have their hair done in business hours as there is no-one to look after the cuties. Maybe you could do daytime with a mini play area (carnage!) and evenings as well!! ;-)

Archived